Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-54 Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-54
RigExpert AA-54 Reviews: 44 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $300
Description: RigExpert AA-54 is powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines in the range of 0.1 to 54 MHz. USB connection to computer.
More info: http://www.rigexpert.com

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-54.

KENWOODUSER Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Indispensable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Every job has a right tool. For my needs, this is that tool. It is priced higher than I would like but not outrageous. There are no quality control issues; it's portable; it uses only 2 batteries; it's accurate; and it's easy to use. I spent about 2 minutes in the very short pamphlet of instructions and was immediately testing antennas. If you are just going to use a single antenna (such as a dipole) for the rest of your days, don't bother. But if you use multiple antennas or plan to, or if you plan to build or experiment with antennas or if you just want to improve what you have, you'll find this tool to be as indispensable as I have. Easy rating of 5 from me.

HJ6JHD Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2014 00:01 Send this review to a friend
¡Excelente! ¿Por qué no tuve una antes?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Para decirlo brevemente: excelente. Estuve en la tarea de evaluar, para adquirir, un analizador de antenas MFJ; atendiendo el consejo de un muy buen amigo, revisé las críticas de algunos dispositivos y del recomendado RigExpert. Si la menor duda, un acertado consejo y una inmejorable elección. La primera impresión elimina cualquier duda. Sólido, bien construído, muy buenos acabados, funcionamiento consistente, invaluable información la que brinda del sistema de antenas, ¡genial!

En verdad, me inclino a proponer éste dispositivo como de imprescindible existencia en toda estación de radioaficionado. Es tanta mi satisfacción con él que considero un deber recomendarlo. El precio no es muy atractivo, pero compensa cada centavo pagado.

N4BHH Rating: 4/5 Apr 4, 2014 13:34 Send this review to a friend
N4BHH  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Checked two different antennas and very impressed with performace. HOWEVER, as I do with any software install from software I install, I did a complete computer scan for malware etc before install. After install, I did another scan and had 39 malware hit and a number of registery issues as well as directing the browser to change homepage to a known malware site. AA-54 great, software 'extras' a disgrace.

6W7RV Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2014 10:07 Send this review to a friend
How did i do before?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent! nothing else to say.

N1TCH Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2014 10:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding features and easy to use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I grew increasing frustrated with my MFJ-259 while trying to tune and adjust my 4BTV vertical. I bought the AA-54 on the suggestion of an HRO sales associate.
Pros: easy to use, repeatable readings, connection to PC thru USB with additional analysis. You can print the graph of your antenna's SWR and create and print Smith Charts.

Cons, only one. The battery life could be better.

All in all I'd recommend this to a friend and. Continue to be very pleased with it.

N4JOY Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2014 09:59 Send this review to a friend
You won't go wrong with this analyzer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As with other reviewers, I similarly considered the MFJ antenna analyzers; but after reading the RigExpert's very positive reviews, I decided to spend the extra money and purchase one. Let me simply say that I'm now wondering why I didn't buy one sooner! I have seen the quality of MFJ products deteriorate over the past few years--quality control is seriously lacking. The AA-54 is well built and very easy to use. You will save so much time diagnosing problems with your antenna. This is a great buy!

W1REJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Loaded with features that every HAM will use, well constructed,  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought mine at HRO in Salem, MA after tech-talk with Sales/HAM. It is a great little meter, I am still learning all of it's features which are many. It has a helped me by plotting the SWR's on my OCF Buxcomm 160-2 meter Dipole. The bar read-out in concert with the digital read-out is very handy. I will follow-up with another review after I have used other features. It is rugged, can be connected to a PC for added features, light weight, can be worn in a holster if need be on tower (or trees !)

KJ4GZI Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Worked as expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this Analyzer due to it multiply SWR display and graphing capability. The graphing screen made short work in determining whether the antenna was too long or short. Once I had the antenna tuned up the multiply swr screen allow you to see what the individual swr is for each band on one screen.

I was able to tune up my vertical antenna in short order.

K4ECD Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2013 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Amazing product - Simple - accurate - and loaded with features  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Within 10 mins of getting the analyzer I solved the problem of my recent fan dipole SWR issues.
** Multiple SWR readings on one screen **
** USB to computer charts **
Easy to operate and only 2 batteries unlike the 58 it took for my now obsolete MFJ 259B

This item will make your antenna tuning a snap!

AF6JL Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2013 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Software support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my unit for over 2 years and am very pleased with it. I can easily home-brew wire antennas and tune commercial models to operate as I require. I have used Windows XP and more recently Windows8. Recently I had a problem with the drivers being properly applied (windows would not identify the device) A few emails to the support address solved the problem. They asked me to send screen captures of my device file etc and, using these, told me how to make it play. Timely and accurate help. Good product and support