Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-54 Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-54
RigExpert AA-54 Reviews: 50 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $300
Description: RigExpert AA-54 is powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines in the range of 0.1 to 54 MHz. USB connection to computer.
More info: http://www.rigexpert.com

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-54.

KA4AQM Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2015 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Bulletproof  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got it for Christmas 2014. I prefer to build my own dipoles and configure them as fan, inverted and stand alone. The AA-54 has a little learning curve and I had to remember the check mark key means "GO", but once I got into the rhythm of repeating the steps over and over again for consistency, it became a breeze. Since I like fan dipoles not only do you have to measure them for frequency but many times the proximity of them to each other will affect the others. This means that not only do you have to tune them for frequency, but you have to recheck previously installed antennas as you add them to the fan design. Quite labor intensive but the AA-54 handles this type of antenna building with ease. The first time I used it, I almost ran the supplied batteries dead. What a sweet piece of test equipment. Besides a multimeter, this is a valued piece of gear I now use. No more will I depend on the inline watt/power meter to give me the critical information I need. I don't think you can go wrong with the AA-54.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2015 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Hard to beat!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned both the RigExpert AA-30 and the AA-54. For the price range they are in, they are truly hard to beat. If you don't need 6 Meter capability, the AA-30 is a steal. The AA-54 covers through 54 Mhz and it runs circles around all of the other popular analyzers. Yes, it is large, but it fits in your hand and it is VERY light weight. It uses 2 AA batteries which is a real advantage. It's always easy to cary a few spare AA batteries. The features in this analyzer are extensive and it does everything it is supposed to do.....and more. I am VERY happy with this product and recommend it highly.

AK6ZZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2015 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Significant upgrade  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I think I could spend a lot of time bashing the performance of the MFJ-259B, but everything that has been said about it has been said.

Needless to say the AA 54 is a significant upgrade from the MFJ 259B. I am loving the antenna analyzer and it has been an indispensable part of my shack since I bought it. I was spurred to purchase it when I blew the diodes on my 259B. It was sitting next to my amplifier at the time. Not hooked up or anything. Lesson learned.

I highly recommend this product. It is awesome.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2014 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous tool  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What ham doesn't like to experiment with antennas? Well, if you do and you want to make sure they are adjusted properly, you will love this device. I bought mine at Dayton and the more I learn about its capabilities, the more I appreciate owning it. I have gone through all my antennas and have them tuned exactly where I want them. Just put up a multi-band vertical? This analyzer will make quick work out of tuning each band. Want adjust that mobile HF antenna? You'll be done in no time. Battery life has been mentioned earlier, what I do is remove the batteries when I know I won't be using it for a while. Excellent, precision device that's easy to use.

MM0IMC Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2014 09:58 Send this review to a friend
I wish I'd bought one earlier!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great piece of kit, very handy for my inverted V fan dipole and other antenna experiments!

W5MC Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2014 20:38 Send this review to a friend
No looking back after getting this for sure.. all good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For years I suffered with my 'trusty' MFJ-259B it was of course better than a guess, but just.. Recently here in Austin at Summerfest, Array Solutions was set up and displaying, i looked at the AA-54 sat it down and pulled out my money and paid and walked away with what i think is the single best tool i can have short of a good VOM to sort thru Amateur problems. This AA-54 is the best, easy to use, has very good 'repeatability' i get the same answers and numbers each time. That is a first for me.. my 259 you sorta had to AVERAGE in and could never get the same freq to display, but the AA-54 does and solves all my issues and more as well only 2 ea batteries and even then they don't die and get used up in 15 minutes. No looking back on this tool not at all.. signed: mac/mc w5mc

KENWOODUSER Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Indispensable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Every job has a right tool. For my needs, this is that tool. It is priced higher than I would like but not outrageous. There are no quality control issues; it's portable; it uses only 2 batteries; it's accurate; and it's easy to use. I spent about 2 minutes in the very short pamphlet of instructions and was immediately testing antennas. If you are just going to use a single antenna (such as a dipole) for the rest of your days, don't bother. But if you use multiple antennas or plan to, or if you plan to build or experiment with antennas or if you just want to improve what you have, you'll find this tool to be as indispensable as I have. Easy rating of 5 from me.

HJ6JHD Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2014 00:01 Send this review to a friend
¡Excelente! ¿Por qué no tuve una antes?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Para decirlo brevemente: excelente. Estuve en la tarea de evaluar, para adquirir, un analizador de antenas MFJ; atendiendo el consejo de un muy buen amigo, revisé las críticas de algunos dispositivos y del recomendado RigExpert. Si la menor duda, un acertado consejo y una inmejorable elección. La primera impresión elimina cualquier duda. Sólido, bien construído, muy buenos acabados, funcionamiento consistente, invaluable información la que brinda del sistema de antenas, ¡genial!

En verdad, me inclino a proponer éste dispositivo como de imprescindible existencia en toda estación de radioaficionado. Es tanta mi satisfacción con él que considero un deber recomendarlo. El precio no es muy atractivo, pero compensa cada centavo pagado.

N4BHH Rating: 4/5 Apr 4, 2014 13:34 Send this review to a friend
N4BHH  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Checked two different antennas and very impressed with performace. HOWEVER, as I do with any software install from software I install, I did a complete computer scan for malware etc before install. After install, I did another scan and had 39 malware hit and a number of registery issues as well as directing the browser to change homepage to a known malware site. AA-54 great, software 'extras' a disgrace.

6W7RV Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2014 10:07 Send this review to a friend
How did i do before?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent! nothing else to say.