Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-54 Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-54
RigExpert AA-54 Reviews: 64 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $300
Description: RigExpert AA-54 is powerful antenna analyzer designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines in the range of 0.1 to 54 MHz. USB connection to computer.
More info: http://www.rigexpert.com

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-54.

K4WQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2015 04:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Brought one of these prior to rebuilding my old Hustler 5-BTV vertical. Using this analyzer, it was quite apparent that the default settings for the antenna were significantly off. Loved that it is small enough to hand carry right to the antenna site. Interfaces with PC as well. I periodically run SWR curves on all the bands I operate and print them out. Very handy to see any long-term changes. Money well spent if you want to maximize any antenna installation.

PA1ZP Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2015 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Fine instrument  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hi

I have the analiser in use now and though I do not build as manyantennas as i used to do, i decided to spoil myself with this analiser.

it is not to expencive and has nice features like the portability and possiblility to use it in a computer with the seperate software.

As a real antenna builder i had some experiences with better and dearer analisers and network analisers, but found the bulcky things useless.
I think a Rigexpert 54 is OK for HF antenna work, you realy do not need more as this.

I think an analiser needs to be a handheld thing, as the things that need a computer are useless, you need to make measurements at the antenna and do you see me up on a roof or in a mast with an laptop and all kind of things, that does not work at all.

happy with this rather cheap but very usefull instrument,

WA4DOU Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2015 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value and Performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As a Land Mobile Radio Technician during my working life, I developed an appreciation for precision and high quality test equipment. Having been an owner of the 259, 259 B and C models, I finally sprung for the AA-54. I recently had an opportunity to put it thru its paces and to make measurements requiring many data points. I was impressed with the stability and repeatability of measurements and the ability to make fine distinctions between measurements. While not what could be thought of as a laboratory grade instrument, this analyzer easily provides good quality measurements that ought to satisfy the overwhelming majority of amateurs. I'm very pleased with mine.

AA6SC Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2015 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Better than expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The RigExpert AA-54 Antenna Analyzer is more than adequate. It's fast, consistent, and does everything I want it to do. In its "Show all" mode it displays frequency, standing wave ratio, absolute value of impedance, resistance, and reactance including an indication of the amount of inductive or capacitive reactance, if any. Plots graphs of resonant point(s). Simultaneously graphs resistance and reactance, superimposed over each other. Bandwidth is selectable in all graphing modes. The unit has a USB interface. Software is provided on a DVD (included with purchase). Mac OS X version of the software is abysmal. I am unable to test the Windows version, which may be fine. In summary, the analyzer itself is superb.

K3XR Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2015 12:39 Send this review to a friend
IF YOU LIKE ANTENNAS YOU'LL LOVE IT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up recently used but like new condition. This is a great piece of equipment if you enjoy working with antennas. Used mine to "tweak" my 3el SteppIr beam what a pleasure to use and involves no signal from the transmitter a real plus. Tried a few features but there are more to discover and could see where you could run down the batteries playing with it.

KA4AQM Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2015 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Bulletproof  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got it for Christmas 2014. I prefer to build my own dipoles and configure them as fan, inverted and stand alone. The AA-54 has a little learning curve and I had to remember the check mark key means "GO", but once I got into the rhythm of repeating the steps over and over again for consistency, it became a breeze. Since I like fan dipoles not only do you have to measure them for frequency but many times the proximity of them to each other will affect the others. This means that not only do you have to tune them for frequency, but you have to recheck previously installed antennas as you add them to the fan design. Quite labor intensive but the AA-54 handles this type of antenna building with ease. The first time I used it, I almost ran the supplied batteries dead. What a sweet piece of test equipment. Besides a multimeter, this is a valued piece of gear I now use. No more will I depend on the inline watt/power meter to give me the critical information I need. I don't think you can go wrong with the AA-54.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2015 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Hard to beat!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned both the RigExpert AA-30 and the AA-54. For the price range they are in, they are truly hard to beat. If you don't need 6 Meter capability, the AA-30 is a steal. The AA-54 covers through 54 Mhz and it runs circles around all of the other popular analyzers. Yes, it is large, but it fits in your hand and it is VERY light weight. It uses 2 AA batteries which is a real advantage. It's always easy to cary a few spare AA batteries. The features in this analyzer are extensive and it does everything it is supposed to do.....and more. I am VERY happy with this product and recommend it highly.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2014 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous tool  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What ham doesn't like to experiment with antennas? Well, if you do and you want to make sure they are adjusted properly, you will love this device. I bought mine at Dayton and the more I learn about its capabilities, the more I appreciate owning it. I have gone through all my antennas and have them tuned exactly where I want them. Just put up a multi-band vertical? This analyzer will make quick work out of tuning each band. Want adjust that mobile HF antenna? You'll be done in no time. Battery life has been mentioned earlier, what I do is remove the batteries when I know I won't be using it for a while. Excellent, precision device that's easy to use.

MM0IMC Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2014 09:58 Send this review to a friend
I wish I'd bought one earlier!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great piece of kit, very handy for my inverted V fan dipole and other antenna experiments!

W5MC Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2014 20:38 Send this review to a friend
No looking back after getting this for sure.. all good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For years I suffered with my 'trusty' MFJ-259B it was of course better than a guess, but just.. Recently here in Austin at Summerfest, Array Solutions was set up and displaying, i looked at the AA-54 sat it down and pulled out my money and paid and walked away with what i think is the single best tool i can have short of a good VOM to sort thru Amateur problems. This AA-54 is the best, easy to use, has very good 'repeatability' i get the same answers and numbers each time. That is a first for me.. my 259 you sorta had to AVERAGE in and could never get the same freq to display, but the AA-54 does and solves all my issues and more as well only 2 ea batteries and even then they don't die and get used up in 15 minutes. No looking back on this tool not at all.. signed: mac/mc w5mc