Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | Signal Enhancer II, Model: MFJ-752D Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Enhancer II, Model: MFJ-752D
Signal Enhancer II,  Model: MFJ-752D Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $129.99
Description: FILTER, AUDIO, TUNABLE, SSB/CW, PEAK, NOTCH, LP

More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-752D

You can write your own review of the Signal Enhancer II, Model: MFJ-752D.

KG6MC Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2015 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Great CW Filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WOW. Just got the MFJ-752D and for my purpose it really does what it is supposed to. I bought it to improve the CW selectivity on my Surplus Mackay MSR 5050A receiver. Its a pretty good receiver, but mine was apparently configured for SSB only and it only has a 3 KHz filter, kind of useless on a crowded CW band. The noise limiter is also a nice feature since my receiver has no noise limiter.

I found setup was easy. I used the "CW GET" program and watched the audio spectrum display to observe what the filter was doing as I played with the various knobs. With the spectrum display it is easy to see just what happens as you tweak the FREQUENCY and SELECTIVITY controls. Since my receiver seems to like a 1 KHz tone for CW, I was able to accurately line up the "PEAK" setting on the filter with the 1 KHz line on the spectrum display using the FREQUENCY adjustment. Then all I had to do was tune in a CW station and adjust the SELECTIVITY control to eliminate QRM. The AUXILIARY Filter can be used to increase selectivity if needed. I was able to limit the audio bandwidth to less than 100 HZ.

CW copy is easy now. Also tried the filter on JT-65 and was able to eliminate a very strong station that was overloading a weak DX station 400 Hz below it.

Remember that this filter only works on the audio, it has nothing to do with the receiver selectivity, except to select a portion of the audio to send to the headphones (and computer for the spectrum display).

KG5RZR Rating: 0/5 Nov 30, 2012 12:28 Send this review to a friend
It Stinks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received it yesterday. Connected it up. It does not work as claimed. It will change the audio response, bandwidth and tone. But, No matter how the switches and controls are adjusted, there is not any setting(s) that perform a USEFUL purpose or function. However there is one Exception. Turn the power Off.

At least I will be able to tinker with it.

I give it a BIG FAT ZERO.

PG00023016 Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2011 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Bugs fixed, nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my replacement 752D and I was pleased to see that the out put jacks on the back were marked correctly. The operation of the filter is pretty straight forward and easy to learn. If you've ever used its older cousin the MFJ-721 you will feel right at home. This model filter adds an auxilliary filter and has two input choices. I would buy this again and like the appearance with the all black case.

PG00023016 Rating: 2/5 Apr 6, 2011 21:20 Send this review to a friend
Works, but has bugs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I received the New MFJ-752D I was hoping to use it instead of buying a set of filters for my Icom 706MKIIG. Only on a MFJ product would you find the "input 1" and "input 2" wired backwards in respect to the connectors on the back and the switch on the front. When you turn the filter on a red LED light comes on and WOW is it bright. I tried it out for a few days when it quit completely. Actually I was beginning to like it and was tempted to keep it and just remember to re-wire the switsh if I ever sold it, but I ended uup sending it back, anyway. I would have given it a "4" but it is new and needs work.
Best regards,