Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DX Engineering DXE-HUS-5BTV-P Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering DXE-HUS-5BTV-P
DX Engineering DXE-HUS-5BTV-P Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $419
Description: 5BTV High Performance Package
More info: http://dxengineering.com

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering DXE-HUS-5BTV-P.

W4EAB Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2015 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just recently returned to Ham and passed/retrieved my General license. I researched antennas and, for me and my location, the DXE Hustler 5BTV was the choice. I buried 36 32' and 4 64' radials with the optional radial plate and tilt base (worth it's weight in gold). I have also installed the 12 and 17 meter add-ons and they both tuned 1.5 across the bands with the antenna analyzer and work great. If I can hear a good signal I can work them! I work mostly DX and it's a great DX antenna. The coax is 400Max and is buried to the shack to a Kenwood 590-S. Got back on the air 12/7/14. Great setup. Higly recommend it!

N8LGU Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2011 21:58 Send this review to a friend
Very high quality product and excellent documentation.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the DXE-HUS-5BTV-P antenna system. I work primarily AM phone on 40 and 80 meters. I lost my 90' pine tree "sky hook" that supported my 65' inverted "V" dipole. Rather than investing in a tower, I decided to try a vertical. I followed their instructions and used the MFJ-259B to re-resonate the traps. I pinned 40 radials (25') to the ground. Coax is RG-213/U. All hardware connections were treated with either Penetrox A or Anti-Seize compound.
Here are the results: Using 100 watts of carrier on AM or 100 watts PEP on SSB, "If I can hear 'em, I can work 'em!" I have been a ham since 1962, and I've never been able to say that before.:-)
73, Dave Miller/N8LGU