Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Array Solutions Repair Service Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Repair Service
Array Solutions Repair Service Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Array Solutions is your source for high end, high performance RF products.

Our objective is to provide best in class products and support them with best in class customer service.

Array Solutions' products are in use at top DX and Contest stations worldwide as well as commercial and government installations.
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/amplifier-service

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Repair Service.

K4ZLE Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Upgrade of Digital Wattmeter  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Recently acquired an old Palstar PM5K Wattmeter head without the pickup unit. Array Solutions originally made these units for Palstar. After talking with Jay, I sent my unit in and Array solutions upgraded the software at no cost (other than my shipping cost to get it to them) and I purchased a new, calibrated pick up unit from them. They also provided a link to old software to operate this unit remotely. Outstanding customer support! This experience is a continuation of previous positive interactions with Array Solutions.

N4CW Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2016 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had heard that Array Solutions repaired Acom amplifiers, and needed my 2000A repaired. I sent off a note to them, and promptly received a reply from Jay advising me to send it down and they'd take care of my problem(s). It took me a while to find an original carton (2 boxes) and sent them the amp (doing so saved me $200 to ship!) The day they got it, Bill McDonald called me and told me he'd be doing the repairs and he'd let me know what needed to be done. He did just that and advised me about other things he'd found that needed addressing; thus, we were able to discuss the fixes and proceeded accordingly, with full knowledge of what was transpiring. In the course of repairing, he'd call about thing he'd found and his recommendations. In just a few days, I got a call that it was all checked out, how it performed, and that it would ship shortly.
Outstanding!
I've checked it out and it's working just like it's supposed to!
I recommend doing business with Array Solutions. Bert, N4CW

K4CJO Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2016 18:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service and turnaround  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alpha 99 amplifier lost output.Amplifier was sent to Array Solutions and arrived on Friday after lunch. Within 3 hours I received a call from the service tech Billy who had found the problem and repaired the problem and had the unit operational. He went through the unit and reset the voltages to specs and replaced some small components. I received a call on Saturday explaining what was done and was told the unit would be shipped back on Tuesday after final testing. I was impressed with the service and the fast service time as well as the reasonable charge. I will not hesitate to send any other Alpha amp to Array Solutions for service.

K3AJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2016 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I contacted Array Solutions when my Acom 1000 went kaput. Jay asked for the codes and figured out I had a power supply problem. Since I was comfortable doing some basic troubleshooting, he gave me some things to check on my own which I was able to do, but couldn't find the problem. So off it went to Array Solutions. I got a call from Billy (the tech) a few days after it arrived with a detailed discussion of what he found and the steps he took to prove that he had the problem identified. It was a failed power transformer. Although they didn't have a new transformer for my amp, Billy put in one for a 1500 to test the HV supply (couldn't be substituted because of a different heater voltage, but same HV) and to be sure there weren't other power supply problems. They ordered a new transformer from Acom. When it arrived, they had my amp repaired and on its way back within a few days. In summary, they: (1) tried to help me fix it myself to avoid shipping it for service, (2) did a thorough job troubleshooting and testing, (3) communicated every step of the way and (4) performed the work much faster than I ever expected. I understand that Array Solutions will repair amps other than Acom (which they used to sell) and OM Power (which they currently sell) - so give them a call if you need amp repair.

KF7TFO Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2016 05:53 Send this review to a friend
The best there is  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased an ACOM 1000 used from a guy in Alabama.It would work sometimes and then not.After wondering if the problems were in my connections and spending a small fortune on all new jumpers, I sent the amp to an advertised ACOM repair in the mid west [did not know about Array yet].
Got a new tube installed with no other problems found by this national retail sales outfit.
Long story Long,
I continued to have problems with shut downs so found Array Solutions and sent it in.WOW OMG etc. etc.
My amp was also taken home by the repair guy ,I think Billy,If his food in his restaurant is as good as his repair talent ,make me a reservation ! Seems as though the amp had been hit by lightning .He fixed it ,for me it works MUCH better than new
Two lessons 1] Don't buy used rigs from Alabama Hams named #@$!&%$#@
2] Trust your cherished rig repairs to Jay and his band of radio GURU'S at Array Solutions.
They get it Got it ?I did

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2016 14:23 Send this review to a friend
ACOM 2000A REAIR.  Time owned: more than 12 months
MY OLD 2000A IS A WORK HORSE. THIS FAILURE WAS IN THE REMOTE CONTROL. FAST AND ACCURATE FIX OF PROCESSOR SOCKET . IT RUNS LIKE BRAND NEW. FAST REPAIR AND RETURN.

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 20:04 Send this review to a friend
REPAIR OF ACOM 2000A   Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF UNSELECTED SHUT DOWNS. INDICATION OF EXCESSIVE TUBE TEMP ETC. IT FINALLY BECAME A HARD FAILURE.
I WAS PLEASED WITHIN PROCESSES FEED BACK AND RECOMMENDATION B 4 THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
UPON RETURN THE UNIT PERFORMS FLAWLESSLY.

AA8OY Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2016 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Quality Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
After a few years of use, my Acom 2000a developed an intermittent fault and would not consistently go into operate mode. After discussions with Jay of Array Solutions we agreed the safe and prudent action would be to return it for service. Donít want to be touching 3000 volts sources! It was thoroughly checked out and no faults were indicated. It was returned to me and all was well for about a week, then faults were again indicated. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Array Solutions checking various settings but field repair/adjustment was not possible. Back to Array Solutions. This time the problem was sourced to a few failed resistors, which were replaced. Billy took the amp home and tested it for several days to confirm the Gremlins were exorcised. In my opinion, this was above and beyond normal service. In addition to that, Array solutions paid the return freight and repair components. Jay told me they take care of their customers and this clearly illustrates it. I highly recommend them.

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2015 19:57 Send this review to a friend
SERVICE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE TWO PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN REPAIRED BY ARRAY SOLUTIONS. MY ACOM 2000A AMPLIFIER AND MY POWER MASTER POWER METER HAVE BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OFF BY THEM. I CAN RECOMMEND ARRAY SOLUTIONS SERVICE HIGHLY.

W1ZK Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2013 12:20 Send this review to a friend
ACOM new RCU repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Along with a bunch of folks, I waited for the new ACOM Remote Control Unit for my Acom 2000A amplifier. I use ICOM radios so when mine arrived I made up an interface cable to go from my Microham DK II interface to the RCU and proceeded to transpose 2 pins on a PS/2 cable. Nuts, my bad!
I sent the new RCU to Array Solutions as I am no longer able to deal with SMD repair work. Billy, the Array Solutions service Tech, did a fantastic job under trying circumstances. Acom had not released the schematic diagram yet. Ughh.
Going by faith on how the Icom CI-V level should be inputted to the processor, he worked backwards to replace bad transistors in that line. IT WORKED!!!!
Kudos,and great eyesight Billy K5..! Thanks for sending me the bad "grains of wheat" SMD transistors. I am going to mount them on my wall! Array Solutions gets my 5 score.