Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Array Solutions Repair Service Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Repair Service
Array Solutions Repair Service Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Array Solutions is your source for high end, high performance RF products.

Our objective is to provide best in class products and support them with best in class customer service.

Array Solutions' products are in use at top DX and Contest stations worldwide as well as commercial and government installations.
More info: http://arraysolutions.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Repair Service.

K3AJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2016 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I contacted Array Solutions when my Acom 1000 went kaput. Jay asked for the codes and figured out I had a power supply problem. Since I was comfortable doing some basic troubleshooting, he gave me some things to check on my own which I was able to do, but couldn't find the problem. So off it went to Array Solutions. I got a call from Billy (the tech) a few days after it arrived with a detailed discussion of what he found and the steps he took to prove that he had the problem identified. It was a failed power transformer. Although they didn't have a new transformer for my amp, Billy put in one for a 1500 to test the HV supply (couldn't be substituted because of a different heater voltage, but same HV) and to be sure there weren't other power supply problems. They ordered a new transformer from Acom. When it arrived, they had my amp repaired and on its way back within a few days. In summary, they: (1) tried to help me fix it myself to avoid shipping it for service, (2) did a thorough job troubleshooting and testing, (3) communicated every step of the way and (4) performed the work much faster than I ever expected. I understand that Array Solutions will repair amps other than Acom (which they used to sell) and OM Power (which they currently sell) - so give them a call if you need amp repair.

KF7TFO Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2016 05:53 Send this review to a friend
The best there is  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased an ACOM 1000 used from a guy in Alabama.It would work sometimes and then not.After wondering if the problems were in my connections and spending a small fortune on all new jumpers, I sent the amp to an advertised ACOM repair in the mid west [did not know about Array yet].
Got a new tube installed with no other problems found by this national retail sales outfit.
Long story Long,
I continued to have problems with shut downs so found Array Solutions and sent it in.WOW OMG etc. etc.
My amp was also taken home by the repair guy ,I think Billy,If his food in his restaurant is as good as his repair talent ,make me a reservation ! Seems as though the amp had been hit by lightning .He fixed it ,for me it works MUCH better than new
Two lessons 1] Don't buy used rigs from Alabama Hams named #@$!&%$#@
2] Trust your cherished rig repairs to Jay and his band of radio GURU'S at Array Solutions.
They get it Got it ?I did

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2016 14:23 Send this review to a friend
ACOM 2000A REAIR.  Time owned: more than 12 months
MY OLD 2000A IS A WORK HORSE. THIS FAILURE WAS IN THE REMOTE CONTROL. FAST AND ACCURATE FIX OF PROCESSOR SOCKET . IT RUNS LIKE BRAND NEW. FAST REPAIR AND RETURN.

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 20:04 Send this review to a friend
REPAIR OF ACOM 2000A   Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF UNSELECTED SHUT DOWNS. INDICATION OF EXCESSIVE TUBE TEMP ETC. IT FINALLY BECAME A HARD FAILURE.
I WAS PLEASED WITHIN PROCESSES FEED BACK AND RECOMMENDATION B 4 THE WORK WAS PERFORMED.
UPON RETURN THE UNIT PERFORMS FLAWLESSLY.

AA8OY Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2016 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Quality Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
After a few years of use, my Acom 2000a developed an intermittent fault and would not consistently go into operate mode. After discussions with Jay of Array Solutions we agreed the safe and prudent action would be to return it for service. Donít want to be touching 3000 volts sources! It was thoroughly checked out and no faults were indicated. It was returned to me and all was well for about a week, then faults were again indicated. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Array Solutions checking various settings but field repair/adjustment was not possible. Back to Array Solutions. This time the problem was sourced to a few failed resistors, which were replaced. Billy took the amp home and tested it for several days to confirm the Gremlins were exorcised. In my opinion, this was above and beyond normal service. In addition to that, Array solutions paid the return freight and repair components. Jay told me they take care of their customers and this clearly illustrates it. I highly recommend them.

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2015 19:57 Send this review to a friend
SERVICE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE TWO PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN REPAIRED BY ARRAY SOLUTIONS. MY ACOM 2000A AMPLIFIER AND MY POWER MASTER POWER METER HAVE BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OFF BY THEM. I CAN RECOMMEND ARRAY SOLUTIONS SERVICE HIGHLY.

W1ZK Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2013 12:20 Send this review to a friend
ACOM new RCU repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Along with a bunch of folks, I waited for the new ACOM Remote Control Unit for my Acom 2000A amplifier. I use ICOM radios so when mine arrived I made up an interface cable to go from my Microham DK II interface to the RCU and proceeded to transpose 2 pins on a PS/2 cable. Nuts, my bad!
I sent the new RCU to Array Solutions as I am no longer able to deal with SMD repair work. Billy, the Array Solutions service Tech, did a fantastic job under trying circumstances. Acom had not released the schematic diagram yet. Ughh.
Going by faith on how the Icom CI-V level should be inputted to the processor, he worked backwards to replace bad transistors in that line. IT WORKED!!!!
Kudos,and great eyesight Billy K5..! Thanks for sending me the bad "grains of wheat" SMD transistors. I am going to mount them on my wall! Array Solutions gets my 5 score.

N2BJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2012 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Bob and Jay have the best products and customer support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had my second lightning hit at my station in 2 years and this time I was hit on my Bandmaster and Eight pak. Bob talked me through the issues and finally had to send the units back for repair. Bob turned the units around in less than a week! Thanks Bob and Jay you guys are great. In addition one of the parts I sent directly to Larry at Hamnation who also turned the product around to me and I was back on the air in less than a week. What a great crew! Thanks again!! That's what separates companies from just OK to Great, they continue to support their products and answer the phone when you call them and are very helpful and polite.
Barry N2BJ

KC3RT Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2011 13:35 Send this review to a friend
Professional & Fast Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Acom 1010 blew a tank cap several weeks after the warranty expired on the amp. I sent it back to Array Solutions and I had it back in my hands in less than 2 weeks - NO CHARGE! Jay is very professional and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend him and Array Solutions.

N1EJH Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2011 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Balun repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I contacted Jay and told him of my problem. Fragged balun. Thinking it was way past warranty and would have pay for repair. When I asked for shipping instructions I was told by Jay to just send it in. There will be NO CHARGE!! for repair or replacement. Think about it the balun is over 5 yrs old. How can you beat that. Array Solutions, outstanding company Do business there and never be disappointed.