Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN ZN-5 Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZN ZN-5
N3ZN ZN-5 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$345
Description: This is beautiful paddle with short lightweight aluminum arms, magnetic tension,
ball bearing movement, and quick adjusting contacts and force settings.
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com/keys.html#

You can write your own review of the N3ZN ZN-5.

NZ3Y Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2013 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding in Every Respect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the ZN-5H and must say that I cannot imagine it being any better. Workmanship and appearance are first rate. The thing has real mass, and will stay put on your bench. The precision of the adjustments, the lack of play or flexing in the mechanism, and the super light touch set this key apart.
Tony is a real gentleman and a pleasure to do business with. He originally quoted a lead time of eight weeks, but my new key arrived in about three weeks. Outstanding!

PY2YP Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2013 03:23 Send this review to a friend
Not a jewel.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being a very nice guy for years I did wonder that I deserve a Christmas gift, a special one, a new paddle for an old DXer should be fine; I went to the internet and looked for: stability; magnetic repulsion; ball bearing movement and fine pitch screws. These features should put the desired paddle into the first class category. Additionally I'd love to have: well machined; well polished; resistance against tarnishes and beauty.

I did some research and found out the ZN-5H from N3ZN Keys. After a few e-mails I did place an order and wait, and wait... Oh yes, Tony immediately sent the paddle to my brother's place in Florida which arrived very quick however my nephew took a little to bring it to PY-land. After 10 days the paddle landed very well packed in my shack. A shining brand new piece of jewelry (my wife doesn't agree, she says it lacks diamonds) was ready for service and so it went to. The fine pitch screws allowed me to adjust exactly to what I like, its weight really hinders any movement, to move the paddle you must lift it, besides the paddle is absolutely beautiful with the base in bronze and top gear in black, the bevel in the base adds grace and style to a heavy and round metal piece, the final result is splendid. The price is just fair; if you can afford, go for it you won't regret. I am the very proud owner of the ZN-5H #096. Thank you Tony and keep up your well done job.

VE7IG Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2012 16:25 Send this review to a friend
A work of art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had this paddle a couple of months now and have been enjoying it more every day! It is a work of art hand made by a master craftsman right here on the continent of North America! I got the "H" model because I wanted a paddle that would stay put on the desk and not require me to use my other hand to hold it down. At over 4 pounds this paddle does NOT move. I have the spacing very close so that it doesn't clatter and it is very sensitive. You can't do better than perfection!

KI4DT Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2012 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Over the last 5 years I have had a few different keys and none of them were what I would call High Quality. Because of some of the problems I have had with my keys in the past, I decided it was time to take quality out of the equation by buying what I hoped to be a superior product. I purchased a ZN-5 from Tony. I have had it about a month and I have NOT been disappointed in any way. The ZN-5 is a superior product. The craftsmanship is obvious as soon as you remove it from its shipping container I have about 8 hours use on the key now----enough to say that I am extremely pleased with it and would advise anyone looking for a high quality key to give N3ZN products a hard look. You will love this Key.

WH7W Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2012 02:34 Send this review to a friend
Most excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tony was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I have the ZN5-H. Wonderful workmanship and appears to be immune to the salt air here in Hawaii. Easy to adjust and does not slide at all. Beautiful to look at and even more fun to use. Boxing/shipping--every aspect from Tony was first class. We are fortunate to have such fine craftsmen involved in amateur radio.

K5KKV Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2011 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Tremendous key  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As a retired surgeon I appreciate a well-made instrument, and my new N3ZN-5H is certainly that kind of instrument. Craftsmanship is superior. Solid key. Smooth operation. Sensitivity great. Beautiful addition to the shack. I have owned probably 12 different CW keys in my 55-year amateur radio "career". This new 5H model is certainly the very best. This is the Rolls-Royce of CW keys. Not cheap. Worth every dollar.

AC4FS Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2011 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My ZN-5 arrived this afternoon, and I've been mesmerized by it since! I connected it to my Logikey K-5 keyer, and I've been practicing with it as much as possible. This is a very smooth set of paddles, and the craftsmanship is just plain outstanding!

With the other paddles I've owned, I've had to place a pad of non-skid between them and my desk, but not this one. At 3 lbs. 6.9 ounces, and with the four feet, it sits solid on my desk. I will be practicing with it for the next couple of days (mainly because my "fist" is rusty), then take it on the air. I can hardly wait!

ON8VP Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2011 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Drives you to the top  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my key a few weeks ago. Well packed and not damaged at all after a trip of more than 6000 km.I think it can face a hurricane...
Tried the key within a nut after its delivery and no use to say it's fantastic, it works very smooth and you can adjust the bearings accurate.
Comparing to my Bencher which works very nice too it has the advantage to work without the "mechanical feeling"! It's like comparing a train with spring suspension to one with compressed air suspension...
Above that it is a masterpiece of finishing, well made and it looks beautifull.
I gave it a 5, why?,simple...it works much better than i thought.
Tony,you made a jewel!
Peter

WB4SON Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2011 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Heirloom-quality work of art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As a belated reward for 40 years of CW work, I decided to buy a new key. I studied what was available for about a month, trying to take into account that I'm somewhat ham fisted and will knock light-weight paddles around the desk. I eventually narrowed my choice to the Bencher Mercury and a ZN-5 from N3ZN Keys.

As I was leaning toward the brass ZN-5 (chrome just isn't my #1 pick), I had occasion to ask Tony a few questions about his keys. I was very impressed with how quickly he responded to me and his overall enthusiasm.

After another week of chewing on it, I sent Tony my order and the next day he shipped me a brass work of art that was beyond my wildest expectations. The brushed brass finish was flawless, and the key is massive -- no worries about knocking it around. The use of fine pitch screws make adjusting the contacts and magnetic force very easy, and I was quickly able to get it setup to my exact requirements.

Although I messed up the initial order, not being clear that I wanted a matching brass call sign plate for the top, Tony didn't hesitate to make one and drop it in the mail. He also included a 1/4 inch plug adapter and the cleaning brush at no additional charge.

Trust me, if you have any appreciation for fine hand-made mechanical devices, you will not believe the love and attention put into the fabrication of this key. I am so proud to have it front and center on my desk.