Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | B & H Sales, Inc. Derby, KANSAS Help

Reviews Summary for B & H Sales, Inc. Derby, KANSAS
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Better known around Wichita, KS as the Radio Shack in Derby.
More info: http://www.hamradiocenter.biz/

You can write your own review of the B & H Sales, Inc. Derby, KANSAS.

N0XM Rating: 0/5 May 29, 2014 17:44 Send this review to a friend
No longer happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
My recent experiences are no longer good when it comes to this company repairing items. It's like taking equipment (for repair) into a "black hole!" I had two projects dropped off there for close to four months, and nothing progressed, despite some assurances that I was getting near the top of the list for the items to be "worked." I wish they'd be more upfront and tell customers they either don't want repair business, or it may be months and months before they look at such items, or perhaps they'll never get to it!

I'll never set foot back into the business now.

N0XM Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2012 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Truthful  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Had a Yaesu Mark-V Field in for a repair that I caused when I had the cover of the rig off....need some delicate wires traced and resoldered. While the radio was "in for service" they reportedly dropped the radio (by mistake of course). They immediately contacted me, reported the same and virtually offered me anything I wanted to (using their words) "make it right." They repaired some minor damage, and to be honest, I don't think I would have ever known of the mishap had they not mentioned it. Very up front of them in my book!

W8LM Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2011 20:53 Send this review to a friend
Unabashed Opinion  Time owned: more than 12 months
Better known for Amateur Radio Sales, they keep many rigs on consignment for the locals, but Carl- is the chief tech and works on Amateur gear old and new. I had my ICOM 756proII give up transmit. I suspected the famous IC151 gave up and I was right. Carl told me he had them in stock and I dropped off the rig as he has a spectrum analyzer and I wanted alignment checked. Carl was speedy and reasonable. It would of cost me more to ship and insure the rig to ICOM USA. I didn't want some shipper to loose/damage it. Other locals have recommended them to me. It's rare that I require service, but these guys are great. Hams come for 50-100 miles around. I have been dealing with them for over 5 years and they will continue to get my trade. They support all the local clubs too.