Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Innovative Circuits (CANADIAN) Help

Reviews Summary for Innovative Circuits (CANADIAN)
Innovative Circuits (CANADIAN) Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $75.00 Per Hour
Description: Premium services in Amateur Radio repairs, and a HOST of other diverse electronic offerings, both professional as well as Ham-related.
More info: http://www.innovativecircuits.com

You can write your own review of the Innovative Circuits (CANADIAN).

VE3SJV Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2017 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Fast Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Took the day off work and had a leisurely drive to Ron's QTH. Left my radio (FT-7800 VHF/UHF) with him. Excellent service, very fast turn around and it was fixed and works like new. Thank you Ron.

VE3RZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Fast turnaround  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ron Smith is a knowledgeable and capable RF engineer. He was able to fix my 756Pro by finding leaky capacitors in the noise blanker circuit. He also was able to fix the auto tuner by replacing smt transistors and diodes in the tuner logic circuitry. I got him to add the Inrad roofing filter at the same time as that involved trace cutting and removal of smt components.

His service was fast, accurate and I was able to deliver and pick up the equipment. I highly recommend Ron for equipment repair.

His rates are very reasonable.

VE3CUI Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2011 12:52 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT Service! And Close To Home, Too!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It was just good fortune & providence that I happened upon "Innovative Circuits" and its proprietor, Ron Smith, awhile back...

I was at a crossroads in the matter of my ailing Icom 751A: it had previously been returned to a service technician outside of Canada on two occasions---and each time it came back, it was plagued with ever-newer issues, damage due to mis-handling, and racking-up postage delivery costs and service charges. In frustration I was about to part the rig out for whatever its individual pieces might fetch on eBay...until I heard of Innovative Circuits.

An e-mail to Ronnie Smith was very quickly answered, & in short order, I personally delivered the 751A to his charming country QTH (which doubles as his workplace) just outside of scenic Barrie, Ontario.

After several e-mail exchanges, Ronnie performed what I consider to be an absolute miracle: he COMPLETELY RESTORED my transceiver, both physically AND electronically, to honest-to-goodness "...like-new" condition! And I just KNOW that he spent far more hours on the rig than I was billed for, too. But Ronnie was determined to make my 751A "whole" again, and I am, once again, the proud owner of an excellent, classic transceiver that has really & truly returned from the proverbial scrap heap, to take its rightful place "front and centre" in my shack.

Ronnie is a VERY patient, honest, and most engaging "...no B.S." sort of a fellow. He's an active Ham, too, and will gladly stand back as you "acid test" the results of his work on your radio on-site, at his own extensive antenna farm. His skills & abilities DESERVE our Amateur Radio repair business! Why risk damage/loss in shipping across an international border---to some unknown, dubious outfit---when Innovative Circuits is so very close at hand?

Innovative Circuits: a name to keep handy, & one that you will surely come to one day appreciate, just as I have here...thanks, Ronnie!!! You're the greatest...!!!