Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | HDSDR - Previously WinradHD Help

Reviews Summary for HDSDR - Previously WinradHD
HDSDR - Previously WinradHD Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $free
Description: A fork of the Winrad project with many improvements. This is
designed for use with I/Q based SDR receivers and has support
for the QS1R and other DDC hardware designs as well.
More info: http://www.hdsdr.de/

You can write your own review of the HDSDR - Previously WinradHD.

DAVER Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2011 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Works great with Softrock RX II  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The HDSDR software keeps things pretty simple since it's receive only. While it apears to "lack" features... it's actually just extremely simplified.

I use it with a SoftRock Ensemble RX II and it works great. It's actually the easiest of all of the software I tried to get working properly. It interfaced with the E-MU 0204 soundcard instantly allowing full 192Khz bandwidth. It works with the Asio drivers as well.

The NR, NB, bandpass, CW peak and notch filtering works great. It seams to use more processor than some of the others, but it also seams to deliver the best output as well.

Wishlist for it: Custimizable controls, skins, data decoders like sdr-radio.

W2PH Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2011 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Using with SDR-IQ  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have evaluated most of the SDR software over the past few months. I wanted to make use of the SDR-IQ's superior receiver and the ability to see large chunks of spectrum at a time. I wanted to link HDSDR with my ICOM 7000 so the transceiver would track the receiver and vice versa. Through its clever use of the omni-rig software I have this accomplished using separate antennas for transmit and receive. As an added bonus, I was able to include a thrid link to my TRX-Manager software using a serial port splitter software. Using a dual screen monitor in Windows 7, I can now control my IC-7000, jump anywhere in the SDR-IQ bandwidth and have my logging software through TRX-Manager stay with current rig setting for frequency mode, etc. I can even control both from the control panel in the TRX-Manager. So far, it appears that none of the other recognized SDR receiver software products (free or otherwise) can do this.

KC2RGW Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2011 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Really great, recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been following the release trail of this project for quite some time now. I've watched it evolve as Mario and likely others have made their contributions.

The CPU utilization in the latest generation is incredibly low for the performance granted.

The rig sync using OmniRig is fantastic for those who use an SDR receiver in tandem with an HF rig as transmitter. Tuning either device, the software or the rig, tunes the other in tandem. Great, smooth implementation.

The manual multiple notch filters are also very nicely implemented.

I've used this both with an LP-Pan and also now with my QS1R receiver and it works great with either approach.

Take some time and give it a spin, it's my favorite of the Winrad forks by far.