Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOSPORT HEADSETS
RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 76 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter
More info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/products/amateurRadio/radioSport/rs20S.asp

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

G4ELI Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2014 00:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Absolutely fabulous. I cannot praise the build quality and audio quality of this headset enough. Bought from and recommended by Martin Lynch (UK), I needed a headset to cut out the noise from fans and 'stuff' in the shack. I would buy again without a moment's hesitation.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2014 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Quality headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am in the UK at the moment on vacation, and decided to buy the RS60CF from Martin Lynch and sons in London - decision based purely after having read the glowing reports here on eBay.

Everything that has been written about this headset is accurate and true. This is a quality headset, well engineered and will last a long long time. I have owned about 3 or 4 Heil headsets in the past, and they do not come anywhere close in comparison - very plastic....you can feel the quality lacking. The Heil headsets need to be treated really carefully, one of mine broke (boom snapped off) within a week of owning it.

This is an expensive headset - but you pay for quality. Ultimately, the higher price paid for one of these units, will be a saving, as it will likely last a lifetime.

I connected it up to a friends Flex-3000 this afternoon, setup the various levels in the audio chain, and consistently got good reports, using the standard dynamic microphone element. RX audio is superb, with the isolation and comfortable with the gel pads covered by removable cloth covers as standard.

John, ZS5J

K6RIM Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 08:25 Send this review to a friend
Last Headset   Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used Heil headsets for years, and was pretty satisfied with the Pro Set Plus. But I scratched the radio itch and purchased the Radiosport.

As others have noted, the Radiosport is fairly heavy (heavier than the Heil), but its design makes it surprisingly comfortable, even over a long period of contest operation.

Its quality is by far the best I've seen. And it's built like a battleship. This one isn't likely to break or ever need repair.

Sound quality is excellent on both RX and TX.

Although it's not advertised as a noise-cancelling headset, the Radiosport does a great job of blocking out all sounds except those coming from your radio.

This headset is pricey, but the quality is superb and likely is the last headset you'll ever need.

Highly recommended.

KK6OBB Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2014 18:35 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These Headphones are the best! They are good for ham radio and computers (plug in) I use them mostly for computers and this should also be sold as just headphone they are great! I can hear stuff i never heard on my other $500 headphones!

Very good and I strongly recommend them

K4NNL Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2014 05:20 Send this review to a friend
RS20S Excellent Headset  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the RS20S headset for over a year now and must admit that it is the best headset I have used with my station. My hearing has failed over the years due to work and my time in service.

The RS20S helps me pull out the weak DX stations and as many have stated in other reviews is a must for CW operations.

At first, I thought the weight would be a problem. After getting the headset adjusted, I have used them for several hours with no discomfort.

Most of what I have to say has been said prior. If you are looking for a great headset, well constructed look no further as the RS20S is top shelve in my book.

G8ITB Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Item Reviewed: Radiosport RS60CF Headset.

During the London Olympics, my club; Cray Valley RS; operated one of the special event stations; "2012L". This environment was challenging. A number of radio stations in close proximity to each other - all with enthusiastic operators - and visitors most of the time! Headsets were the norm; rather than mic and speaker. Adaptors were made for each make and model of transceiver in use. Operators often brought their own headsets.

One guest operator allowed me to use his Radiosport headset during the night shifts (with a personal cotton cover)! I was converted to this make after the first night - solid construction, comfortable to wear and use - and I received unsolicited complements on my audio - even in the 40 Metre "catfight" for the call-sign!

I now use an RS60CF model at home; with an Icom IC-7100 - and would recommend this headset over the Heil make (I have used Heil over many years - no more!) for comfort and reliability - as well as transmitted audio!

Only BIG problem: Radiosport do not supply "adaptors" for the different makes of transceiver - that is down to the user to deal with! Not a big problem; but it can be unexpected, if you wanted-plug-and-play instant use!

Richard G8ITB/AB9SL.

XW1B Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2014 03:33 Send this review to a friend
RS20S - A great buy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having used headphones for over 50yrs on CW I was looking forward to receiving the RS20S. First impression is the weight - heavier than most but, once adjusted, you can't feel them at all. Cool, comfortable and background noise rejection is SUPERB! It's actually scary taking them off and hearing all the outside noise. When operating the ONLY thing heard is whats coming through the radio. A quality piece of equipment! Very pleased!

Bruce 3W3B

N2WB Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2014 09:11 Send this review to a friend
FIVE Stars PLUS !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the RS60CF a few months ago. I was very impressed with the performance.

Great comfort, very quiet, very well made. Rec excellant audio reports. Loud and clear.

Audio reports were basically "sounds great".

Loud and very clear....

Great piece of equipment. Am lucky to have in the DX Shack !

Wild Bill N2WB

William

K6LPQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2014 07:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the headset late Friday afternoon and it was delivered in Monday mail. Very nice shipping response.

Donna was with me as I opened the package. I slipped them on her head right out of the box. Her first comment was she couldn't hear the ambient noise--score one for noise isolation. Her next comment was even though they look bulky they are comfortable.

Being more technical, I adjusted them to fit my head and plugged them into my radio. Excellent fit, ambient noise rejection, comfort and frequency performance.

My immediate favorite headset for Ham Radio use.

W4ATL Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2014 12:01 Send this review to a friend
High Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After owning a Heil Pro Headset and having it refurbished, it was in need of some more repair. Turns out the quote to install a new mic element and refurbish it again was just as much as a new headset so I just couldn't justify getting it fixed again.

So I decided to try the Radiosport headset and I am not disappointed. This is a fantastic headset. It has a quality feel to it and it is heavier than the Heil. But if you spend the time to adjust it right it feels good on your head and you don't feel the weight. The earpads work well with my glasses too, and they do a great job in keeping noise out.

The mic is not hi-fi but has a more communications grade sound. It is fine to leave your radio TX equalizer (if your rig has one) on flat but you might be able to tweak the sound for more fidelity if you fiddle with the EQ. I have left mine flat and get good reports when working DX or contesting.

The headset is pricey but I think you will be pleased with the quality of the set. I am glad I purchased mine.