Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-microphone Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOSPORT HEADSETS
RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 127 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter
More info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/index.asp

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

W7BV Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2018 12:14 Send this review to a friend
RS60CF and new RS50SL both excellant  Time owned: more than 12 months
After several years of using the RS60CF deluxe flex-boom mic, stereo headset, I am still very impressed by the excellent audio and construction quality, external noise reduction, and comfort this headset provides even after several hours on my head operating my Elecraft K3. More recently, I purchased the new, lightweight RS50SL flex-boom mic, stereo headset for use with my KX2 and KX3. I'm equally as impressed with it as I am with its big brother. As a plus, its optional carrying case has room to carry my KX2 along with the headphones making a compact package for travel! These Radiosport headsets are by far my favorites of the many high-end ones that I have used in the past for amateur radio operations. Finally, the responsive service Dave provides is terrific.

VK5ISO Rating: 3/5 Feb 25, 2018 01:08 Send this review to a friend
Overated  Time owned: more than 12 months
First impressions are excellent: heavy build, exterior sounds are very effectively deadened. Unfortunately the headsets are let down by the quality of the padding and ear muff covers. They seem at first glance to be stitched but, actually only the lower section of the padding is. That seems to be heat-fused to the upper part and the whole padding has started to fall apart after 2-3 years of very moderate use.
This is too expensive an item for such low build quality. You can start looking at good German headphones for the price (which is what I, regrettably, am going to have to do).

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2018 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Not sure what I was thinking  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
... Waiting so long. I have bought several nice pairs of headphones over the years that are audiophile quality. My last being a set of Sennheisers that was terribly uncomfortable.

After the 160 CW contest last weekend, I had had enough and searched for "comfortable headphones for amateur radio". This lead me to several glowing reviews. I almost bought the set with a microphone and would have spent the money however, I just could not get past the $100 for the radio cable part of it.

So I but the new radiosports on and could not believe how comfortable they are. I had some concern with their choice to roll the bass off at 200hz as for eSSB there is some important qualities in this region. However, they sounded fantastic on SSB and of course CW as well.

Very high quality. Should last me for decades.

W5JON Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2018 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Finally  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After years of trying to find the perfect headset, this is it. The outside noise cancelling is excellent. And they are so comfortable, I can finally operate for hours and totally forget that I am wearing a headset. They really are the best and last headset I will ever need. Thanks Dave GREAT product.

K0OXB Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2017 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Recap of 5 year experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Technical and thoughtful equipment reviews are a genuine influence in purchasing...at least to me! A previous review rating of "1"and "garbage pail" seems a bit dramatic given the almost universal "5" rating these headsets have achieved over time. My initial review and a 5 rating was 3/8/2012 with a mention of anticipated purchase of a second RS60CF set. That set for my occasional SSB ops was purchased and another RS20 as a gift to a new ham. My RS20 and 60 have been in near constant use...if not by me, then loaned to others as needed. The durability of operation has been faultless. Opinions of those to whom they have loaned have been quite positive both in use and comfort of fit. I've evaluated this headset with experience as a pilot and and career in commercial aviation using Dave Clark's to Telex and most everything in between. Experiencing modest high frequency hearing loss from both long exposure to engine noise (my fault) to near 75 y/o (not my fault), again using trial and error to find the right headset. Brand X Pros in use were retired when a chat with Dave at Arlan Comm. suggested these might be the answer. This is a large and somewhat hefty headset that may not be comfortable to someone with a lightweight earbud preference. I've worn them for several hours both in hamming ops as well as SWL'ing without discomfort...and I wear glasses. Communications ability is not in question both in clarity of frequency response to both CW and SSB as well as performance of the boom mic option in the RS60. I want a headset that effectively seals outside noise and distraction leaving just the right sound response for concentration. These fill the bill for me without reservation. I am confident that should I be so disillusioned with the quality and/or operation of the headset, a call to Dave would seek to remedy the situation to my satisfaction. Just wish I could find a reason to justify another pair with that "new car smell" but these are just too durable! Now that I remember, I am quite dissatisfied, Dave... that I have yet to find a quality molded hardbody case to store and lend my headsets with confidence. Something, perhaps, a bit smaller and more fashionable than a garbage pail if you don't mind. 73

K2VI Rating: 1/5 Jul 20, 2017 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Absolute junk  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The cover must have shrunk and came off. Got it back on but kept coming off. The sound is not clean. A bit muffled. Have not tried them out on CW but for phone there bad. I pluged in my Sony MDR-V6 and the clarity was night and day. And lastly these cans are way to heavy for headphones. For what I paid I got the short end of the stick. Had them for almost a year and just put them where they belong..The garbage pail. Avoid.

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2017 14:44 Send this review to a friend
After 2yrs EXCELLENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
My opinion of the RADIO SPORT Headset range has NOT altered after 2yrs use, Microphone headset combo here EXCLUSIVELY for near 3 decades, BEST HS mic ever been on my boofhead,
I use same M360 (EM56) cartridge for ICOM, ELECRAFT K3 (S) & ELAD FDM DUO,
Wonderful, one issue, you miss a lot of phone calls because you can not hear the mobile or LL ring,
excellent noise reduction,
Dave is an easy guy to talk to,
Cheers
Dennis vk4sx

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2017 16:00 Send this review to a friend
After 4 years Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review (After 4 years)

Just perfect...Work so well, reliable, and robust.

I have back noise, (Amplifier Emtron DX 3SP) with a pair of 4CX 1500 (Chinese version), which requires dual fans...Noisy..

This solves all...!

My son (10 year old), however, uses them for his own entertainment. It seems this works well for many other consoles and IPAD!

Best

Tom

KG5SAF Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2017 07:49 Send this review to a friend
RS60CF - Awesome and highly recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have spent my entire working career around heavy machinery and engines. This has caused hearing loss. I read the reviews of several headsets and watched u-tube videos of demo's and reviews. At the end of the day, I went with the Radiosport RS60CF. What a great pair of phones! The quality is out of sight, comfort level is first class and radio interface first rate.

Pros:
Earpieces mold to your ear - not overly soft or firm but just right.
Build materials are excellent
Micro boom can be either on the left or right and has 360 degree swivel.
"Crown" padding (i just made this up, but i mean the padding on the cross strap that connects the two ear pieces) is great and comfortable.
On the ear transmit button - love this feature - don't need a separate PTT foot or hand switch (this feature was the deciding factor for me).
Mic is punchy and crisp.
Audio is clean and clear

Cons:
A bit heavy - but not unlike the hearing protection I have worn for years.
No case or bag provided - you figure for this kind of coin, they would throw in a storage sack of some type.
Cost $$$ - big money - only you can decide if this is a big or little con.
Cost of interface cables - $$$$ - gotta have 'em, but they are pricy.

My operating style:
I am using the Radiosport phones with my KX3, but for added pleasure; I have a bhi compact in-line DSP module in line with the radio and headset. This combination allows me to dive into the weeds and really yank weak signals out of the noise. The excellent filters of the KX3, with the noise elimination of the hi and the audio quality of Radiosport phones are a perfect match of functionality, excellent design and build quality.

Daddy used to say "buy cheap, buy twice". With the Radiosport phones and mic you will only buy once.

KC8RYO Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2017 05:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Headset!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having read the reviews on this headset prior to purchasing, I only found a few disparaging remarks so I decided to give them a try.
I have noticeable hearing loss and have some difficulty hearing an open air speaker clearly. The one feature that drew me was the 24db noise cancelling of the earpieces. I am an avid shooter, so weight, size, etc. are not an issue as they feel the same as my range hearing protection.
The headset allows me to hear weak stations that I had previously been unable to hear clearly. Reports on my modulation are good and appear to be superior to my hand-held mic. Although pricey, I think you are getting what you pay for and recommend these headphones highly