Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOSPORT HEADSETS
RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 70 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter
More info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/products/amateurRadio/radioSport/rs20S.asp

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

XW1B Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2014 03:33 Send this review to a friend
RS20S - A great buy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having used headphones for over 50yrs on CW I was looking forward to receiving the RS20S. First impression is the weight - heavier than most but, once adjusted, you can't feel them at all. Cool, comfortable and background noise rejection is SUPERB! It's actually scary taking them off and hearing all the outside noise. When operating the ONLY thing heard is whats coming through the radio. A quality piece of equipment! Very pleased!

Bruce 3W3B

N2WB Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2014 09:11 Send this review to a friend
FIVE Stars PLUS !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the RS60CF a few months ago. I was very impressed with the performance.

Great comfort, very quiet, very well made. Rec excellant audio reports. Loud and clear.

Audio reports were basically "sounds great".

Loud and very clear....

Great piece of equipment. Am lucky to have in the DX Shack !

Wild Bill N2WB

William

K6LPQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2014 07:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the headset late Friday afternoon and it was delivered in Monday mail. Very nice shipping response.

Donna was with me as I opened the package. I slipped them on her head right out of the box. Her first comment was she couldn't hear the ambient noise--score one for noise isolation. Her next comment was even though they look bulky they are comfortable.

Being more technical, I adjusted them to fit my head and plugged them into my radio. Excellent fit, ambient noise rejection, comfort and frequency performance.

My immediate favorite headset for Ham Radio use.

W4ATL Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2014 12:01 Send this review to a friend
High Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After owning a Heil Pro Headset and having it refurbished, it was in need of some more repair. Turns out the quote to install a new mic element and refurbish it again was just as much as a new headset so I just couldn't justify getting it fixed again.

So I decided to try the Radiosport headset and I am not disappointed. This is a fantastic headset. It has a quality feel to it and it is heavier than the Heil. But if you spend the time to adjust it right it feels good on your head and you don't feel the weight. The earpads work well with my glasses too, and they do a great job in keeping noise out.

The mic is not hi-fi but has a more communications grade sound. It is fine to leave your radio TX equalizer (if your rig has one) on flat but you might be able to tweak the sound for more fidelity if you fiddle with the EQ. I have left mine flat and get good reports when working DX or contesting.

The headset is pricey but I think you will be pleased with the quality of the set. I am glad I purchased mine.

WC3N Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2014 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Model RS60CF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After many years of using inferior headsets I can finally say I have found one I like a lot. You put these babies on and welcome to the world of amateur radio again. I am using mine with a Yaesu FT 990 and Rigblaster Advantage. I have no issues or complaints with the cable, which I think is excellent, and far exceeds the quality of anything I have used in the past. This headset is heavier than what I have used before but once it's adjusted the weight is a non-issue for me. Using the radio filters seem to work better than with my previous headsets. Best of all I can clean out the drawer with old headsets once and for all.

K0IR Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2014 18:37 Send this review to a friend
The best I've ever owned.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is probably no tougher duty for a headset than a DXpedition. We used the Radiosport RS60CF headsets on the Amsterdam Island DXpedition (FT5ZM), and they passed with flying colors.
Typically I bring home a headset from a DXpedition and it goes into the drawer filled with other broken headsets with the earpieces falling off and little wires hanging out that I canít stuff back into the holes. Not so with the Radiosport RS60CFís. These are strong, durable, robust headsets. Not only are these the best built headsets Iíve ever owned, they are comfortable and very effective in blocking out ambient noise.
Shifts can be long on DXpeditions. Wearing these headsets 12 hours a day, sometimes more, for two weeks was easy. My ears didnít hurt where the bows of my glasses run behind them, I had no grove in the top of my head, and my ears never felt squashed and painful.
Itís also noisy on DXpeditions. The SSB operator next to you may be yelling into the mic, amps are humming nearby, the generators are roaring outside, the wind may be rattling the tent, and those not operating are frequently conversing behind you. Iíve tried noise cancelling headsets in the past, but they are now residents in my drawer of broken headsets. The Radiosport RS60CF headsets are so effective in blocking ambient noise that Iíll never think about bring noise cancelling headsets again.
The RS60CFís do it all: Rugged, quality construction; great listening audio; comfort; isolation from ambient noise; and we got great audio reports. These are keepers!

N1UW Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2014 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my RS20S for a year now and thoroughly enjoy them. Some may say they are heavy but they seem to float on my head and around my ears. The ear pillows are soft as a feather but still seal out the background noise.

I have several radios so I like the ability to switch the cable right at the headphone without having bulky adapters lying on my desk or a chain of converters hanging off the front of the radio.

I also find the PTT switch on the headphone shell handy from time to time if I am standing and not in position to step on the foot switch or reach for the PTT switch on the front panel of the radio.

Service from Dave is great, too. When I changed radio brands and needed a electret mic element, Dave made several recommendations and helped me choose a mic element that I am very happy with. I also asked for some documentation and a wiring diagram for the cable I was using. Dave sent it out right away along with a detailed personal note on how to accomplish my task.

I find the earphone sensitivity just fine. The audio output on my K3 does appear to be lower than I would like (not enough audio to adequately drive my West Mountain RigBlaster Advantage)but I have no problem with driving the RS20S to more loudness than I need. No problem there.

I also once experienced the "telegraphing" noise reported by one user. This was due to the fact that I did not have the DIN plug fully snapped into position on the headphone jack. Once I snapped the plug completely into position, the rustling noise went away and never returned. 100% operator error.

The criticism that the cord is stiff is valid but I have learned to coil the excess cord on the desk top in a way that it doesn't flop around or interfere with the comfort of my movements.

I have used the other brands at length and I can honestly say that the Radiosport headsets have no equal.

KA3BMU Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2014 06:54 Send this review to a friend
quiet and comfortable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My shack is in the basement, with a loud furnace in the winter and dehumidifier running all summer, plus two young'uns running around. These cans do a terrific job of removing the ambient noise. During the recent ARRL DX CW test, I was able to pick out weak signals with no trouble, that I did have trouble with my previous set of headphones. They weigh more, but wearing them balanced according to the instructions and I forget I have them on. They cost a little more, but the advantages are worth it in my environment.

KG7DNT Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Radiosport RS60CF   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the RS60CF Dream Edition just before the North American QSO SSB contest. After a 12 hour day working VOX on my IC-7200, I was very impressed with the performance.

Great comfort, very quiet, very well made. I have a friend with the Pro-Set Elite. I found them pretty uncomfortable since they just clamp on the ears, not going over them. They did work well, audio was very good, but they just did not feel good on my ears.

Arlan recommended the the M350-Adjustable mic, and the thing is pretty hot. To keep the ALC in range, I had to back the mic adjustment almost all the way down to keep the Mic Gain in the 30% range on the IC-7200.

Audio reports were basically "sounds great".

Another interesting feature is the 3.5mm aux input/output jack. I am learning CW, so I can listen to the computer program I use to practice receiving code, and can hear the radio thru the headset while I practice sending. Really a nice little feature.

The cable is robust, but I don't think it is to stiff. It is very high quality and I see no problem. The cable has the Minixlr port and is really an impressive connection.

Great piece of equipment.

IZ0GPP Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2013 13:39 Send this review to a friend
A CW MUST!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After having tried many "famous" trademark i finally found what it really deserves to be a must for any serious cw operator. The RS20S is built like a tank but it's astonishingly comfortable and light, it has a sound response which allows to copy easily the hunted signal isolating the operator from any ambiental noise and i'm really impressed from the high quality of the materials used. Really suggested.