Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOSPORT HEADSETS
RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 120 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter
More info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/index.asp

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

N7DXT Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2016 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the RS60CF headset about two years ago. Last month I needed to change a cable for my K3 to a rear plug. I called Dave at Arlan Communications and he said to ship the cable back and he would change it out at no cost. Well he sent it back in about 1 week, the cable looked brand new. I don't think you will find a better headset or company to deal with. Comfortable, quiet, great audio, very rugged and great support.

I highly recommend these headsets.

N7DXT

WA7SGS Rating: 4/5 Nov 22, 2016 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Wound up OK but it was tough  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I opened the box, the visual impact was "Wow, what a monster headset!", apologies to Monster...LOL! These SR-20 Dream Edition cans dwarf my Beats Pro Audio headphones. The bad news up to this point was that HRO turned an overnight deal into a 4 day affair since someone in the PDX store did not get the order out in a timely fashion.

When I plugged in the Radiosport into my IC-7200, only one side worked. After trying them on three other devices it was obvious that a defective unit made it through whatever QC chain was used by the manufacturer. Delayed and half dead does not make for a happy camper!

Now the story does have a happy and rather quick ending. I called HRO in PDX. They got a replacement set on the way via UPS. It arrived the next day and these worked fine. Someone in the HRO store checked the set before sending them along, which avoided any more upsets.

So how do they fit on my head? Nicely and tightly at the same time. The adjustment to fit is made by loosening a couple of knobs, followed by moving the stuff around until you find the right fit, then retighten. That works well.

Sound quality is not that of an audiophile stereo headset nor is it meant to be. These are communications headphones, meant to handle the audio frequencies of the human voice. Trying the Radiosport out on a QSO where one signal was weak enough to be somewhat difficult showed that these headphones will help give an operator the extra edge in maintaining contact. Sure, band conditions, antennae and QRO level of powers help but in the end you still have to hear what is out there. These will do the job!

Going from 5 stars to 4 stars is due to the hassles encountered. YMMV and should you decide to purchase them, I hope your experience on that front comes out better than it did for me.

Rick

KC9RNK Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2016 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Dream come true  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the RS20S - deluxe "dream edition". After having them on for a couple hours, my XYL taps my shoulder to get my attention. My Shack is in the launry room. She was getting a little aggravated seeing that the washing machine, and dryer were not annoying me for the first time in 6 years! I simply took off the headphones, turned to her, and said, "my dream has come true". Never thinking there called the "dream edition". Now I know why!

KM4CQG Rating: 4/5 Sep 27, 2016 04:32 Send this review to a friend
expensive   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I read all the positive reviews and thought I would give these a try with the M207 microphone a try.

The comfort that everyone raves about is true the noise canceling is non electronic just a terrific seal on your ears. The faux Carbon Fiber finish looks nice but certainly doesn't look real. They seem to resemble an feel like a avation headset with more comfortable feel.

The sound quality from the headphone portion is good the Heils have a phase switch which gives them a slight advantage for pulling out faint signals.

The M207 microphone while good for a communication microphone is not anywhere near as good as Heils microphone in his various headsets. Its frequency response sounds less full. Keep in mind RadioSport claims its for DX. I have ordered several more microphone and will update this review when there tested.

Cables and PTT RadioSport switch are superior to Heils there expensive but they are worth it.

Overall I'm glad I bought them but at almost $475 USD there cost is much to high. Its up for you to decide now.

Ian

K9IR Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2016 08:28 Send this review to a friend
The best headset  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I own the RS60CF-DDE model with the M350-ADJ mic. This headset is the best one I ever have owned. Why?

1. Comfort. The Radiosport fits snugly but doesn't crush my ears. Unlike my Heil headset, it never slips out of position. I never feel fatigued after wearing them for an extended period.
2. Quiet. You hear what you want/need to hear from the rig, and not ambient noise. My Yamaha CM500 is a good buy for the money but doesn't keep out enough outside noises.
3. Great audio. I've received excellent reports.
4. Solid build. The Radiosport feels solid but not overweight.

Yes, you will pay more to get a Radiosport; I certainly wondered whether it justified the price. But when you use them you will realize (as I did) where every penny went to provide the perfect combination of excellent audio (RX/TX), comfort and noise limitation. Especially if you're like me and use 'phones almost exclusively, your ears will thank you.

Dave responds to queries very promptly and otherwise is great to deal with. Now stop reading and order one ;-)!

N6UG Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2016 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Love this headset!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

I've owned my set for about a year. I bought the set because they sound great RX/TX, they are comfortable and they block out shack noise.

All of these goals came true and the Radio Sport is the only headset I'll use going forward.

KJ1RE Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2016 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding and works with hearing aids  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't say more than everyone already has about the product (RS60CF) as to quality and great customer service from David (WI6R). Great product and great company.

I did want to add for other hams in my situation, however, that the headset works very well with my behind-the-ear Starkey Halo hearing aids. With some other headsets that I have used the ear cup size and/or cushions lead to feedback and I end up having to operate without my aids in. This is no big deal until I take the headset off to answer the door or chat with the XYL, in which case I have to either take the time to put my aids back on ask others to talk *loudly*! hihi

Not having to go through this process when I'm on-and-off the radio is very nice!

SP7IDX Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2016 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent - The Best of the Best !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After more than 25 years using different Heil Headsets And finally parted, now new boss SSB in my house, fantastic Arlan Radiosport Headsets RS-60CF-M350 + RS-M360, a huge and powerful sound, the highest quality of workmanship.
- WOW WOW WOW!
- Very Comfortable and made the best!
- Excellant audio reports. Loud and clear!
- Few hours of use and do not hurt, do not you know that you 'are using them!
- Full and fast help for me since Dave WI6R - Congratulations Dave!
- 101% I recommend this product!

Received the RS60CF a few months ago. I was very impressed with the performance.Am lucky to have us in the Radio Shack and my small DXpedition!

Greets, Waldi
SP7IDX
sp7idx-hexbeam.eu

OE5RBO Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2016 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Best - nothing more to say  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just own my RS60-CF with M207 now about a week, had several other in gear in use with different grades of satisfaction.

Finally i decided to buy the RS-60CF.

The result was: When i did the first call with it using the monitor - i got speechless! The microsound is so clear and powerfully, i never ever used something even nearly familar.

Also the headphones are providing excellent sound, nevertheless that when you take on the headset all other noise in the room is on "Mute".

It is by far the best headset i ever used and so there is nothing more to say.

W5DNT Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Simply the BEST, Period!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The RS60CF is simply the best set of headphones available, period. The M208 dynamic mic element is very wide band and lends itself to EQ quite well. The headset is extremely comfortable to wear for extended periods such as Field Day, where the noise canceling cans help reduce fatigue. The construction and high quality of this headset is well worth the cost. You will be hard pressed to find anyone in amateur radio better to deal with than Dave Bottoms, WI6R. In my case, he worked with me to make sure I had everything right to produce the desired audio that I wanted. Mic element selection is important and Dave is a big help with that. Very customer oriented and a pleasure to work with. If you want to treat yourself to the best headset available, go for the RS60CF!!