Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOSPORT HEADSETS
RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 123 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter
More info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/index.asp

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

K0OXB Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2017 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Recap of 5 year experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Technical and thoughtful equipment reviews are a genuine influence in purchasing...at least to me! A previous review rating of "1"and "garbage pail" seems a bit dramatic given the almost universal "5" rating these headsets have achieved over time. My initial review and a 5 rating was 3/8/2012 with a mention of anticipated purchase of a second RS60CF set. That set for my occasional SSB ops was purchased and another RS20 as a gift to a new ham. My RS20 and 60 have been in near constant use...if not by me, then loaned to others as needed. The durability of operation has been faultless. Opinions of those to whom they have loaned have been quite positive both in use and comfort of fit. I've evaluated this headset with experience as a pilot and and career in commercial aviation using Dave Clark's to Telex and most everything in between. Experiencing modest high frequency hearing loss from both long exposure to engine noise (my fault) to near 75 y/o (not my fault), again using trial and error to find the right headset. Brand X Pros in use were retired when a chat with Dave at Arlan Comm. suggested these might be the answer. This is a large and somewhat hefty headset that may not be comfortable to someone with a lightweight earbud preference. I've worn them for several hours both in hamming ops as well as SWL'ing without discomfort...and I wear glasses. Communications ability is not in question both in clarity of frequency response to both CW and SSB as well as performance of the boom mic option in the RS60. I want a headset that effectively seals outside noise and distraction leaving just the right sound response for concentration. These fill the bill for me without reservation. I am confident that should I be so disillusioned with the quality and/or operation of the headset, a call to Dave would seek to remedy the situation to my satisfaction. Just wish I could find a reason to justify another pair with that "new car smell" but these are just too durable! Now that I remember, I am quite dissatisfied, Dave... that I have yet to find a quality molded hardbody case to store and lend my headsets with confidence. Something, perhaps, a bit smaller and more fashionable than a garbage pail if you don't mind. 73

K2VI Rating: 1/5 Jul 20, 2017 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Absolute junk  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The cover must have shrunk and came off. Got it back on but kept coming off. The sound is not clean. A bit muffled. Have not tried them out on CW but for phone there bad. I pluged in my Sony MDR-V6 and the clarity was night and day. And lastly these cans are way to heavy for headphones. For what I paid I got the short end of the stick. Had them for almost a year and just put them where they belong..The garbage pail. Avoid.

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2017 14:44 Send this review to a friend
After 2yrs EXCELLENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
My opinion of the RADIO SPORT Headset range has NOT altered after 2yrs use, Microphone headset combo here EXCLUSIVELY for near 3 decades, BEST HS mic ever been on my boofhead,
I use same M360 (EM56) cartridge for ICOM, ELECRAFT K3 (S) & ELAD FDM DUO,
Wonderful, one issue, you miss a lot of phone calls because you can not hear the mobile or LL ring,
excellent noise reduction,
Dave is an easy guy to talk to,
Cheers
Dennis vk4sx

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2017 16:00 Send this review to a friend
After 4 years Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second review (After 4 years)

Just perfect...Work so well, reliable, and robust.

I have back noise, (Amplifier Emtron DX 3SP) with a pair of 4CX 1500 (Chinese version), which requires dual fans...Noisy..

This solves all...!

My son (10 year old), however, uses them for his own entertainment. It seems this works well for many other consoles and IPAD!

Best

Tom

KG5SAF Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2017 07:49 Send this review to a friend
RS60CF - Awesome and highly recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have spent my entire working career around heavy machinery and engines. This has caused hearing loss. I read the reviews of several headsets and watched u-tube videos of demo's and reviews. At the end of the day, I went with the Radiosport RS60CF. What a great pair of phones! The quality is out of sight, comfort level is first class and radio interface first rate.

Pros:
Earpieces mold to your ear - not overly soft or firm but just right.
Build materials are excellent
Micro boom can be either on the left or right and has 360 degree swivel.
"Crown" padding (i just made this up, but i mean the padding on the cross strap that connects the two ear pieces) is great and comfortable.
On the ear transmit button - love this feature - don't need a separate PTT foot or hand switch (this feature was the deciding factor for me).
Mic is punchy and crisp.
Audio is clean and clear

Cons:
A bit heavy - but not unlike the hearing protection I have worn for years.
No case or bag provided - you figure for this kind of coin, they would throw in a storage sack of some type.
Cost $$$ - big money - only you can decide if this is a big or little con.
Cost of interface cables - $$$$ - gotta have 'em, but they are pricy.

My operating style:
I am using the Radiosport phones with my KX3, but for added pleasure; I have a bhi compact in-line DSP module in line with the radio and headset. This combination allows me to dive into the weeds and really yank weak signals out of the noise. The excellent filters of the KX3, with the noise elimination of the hi and the audio quality of Radiosport phones are a perfect match of functionality, excellent design and build quality.

Daddy used to say "buy cheap, buy twice". With the Radiosport phones and mic you will only buy once.

KC8RYO Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2017 05:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Headset!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having read the reviews on this headset prior to purchasing, I only found a few disparaging remarks so I decided to give them a try.
I have noticeable hearing loss and have some difficulty hearing an open air speaker clearly. The one feature that drew me was the 24db noise cancelling of the earpieces. I am an avid shooter, so weight, size, etc. are not an issue as they feel the same as my range hearing protection.
The headset allows me to hear weak stations that I had previously been unable to hear clearly. Reports on my modulation are good and appear to be superior to my hand-held mic. Although pricey, I think you are getting what you pay for and recommend these headphones highly

KC9RNK Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2017 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Had them on for an hour, took them off, and told my wife, my dream has come through!". Completely forgetting there called The Dream Edition. As I write review my hardwood floors are being sanded above my ham shack. I hope nobody else is ever in this position. Noise is unbearable, LOUD is an understatement. Put Headphones on and blocked 80% of noise at least. Thats why I'm writing review right now, I could not beleive I was able to operate under such loud conditions! As long as I'm reviewing, I mainly bought these for operating split with duel receive. DX station in left ear, split frequency in right ear. Nice and clear and cut getting through to DX station tremendously. You will not regret buying these headphones. These are my fourth try at trying to find a headphone set I liked, and block noise since ham shack is in utility room. There also the last!

K6IPM Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2017 11:52 Send this review to a friend
RS60CF w/M350 Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
From K6IPM. I purchased the RS60CF wM350 Mic plus the Footswitch and cable for my Icom 7800. This unit is awesome and if you want quality plus, this is it! Dave Bottom, WI6R provides as much detail as you need before purchasing. Although you will spend about $500.00, the quality IMHO is second to none. The Headset shuts out all noise and is most comfortable to wear. On CW, it is terrific. I have used Heil in the past which is good but again the quality and attention to detail and time from Dave goes way beyond what most vendors will do.

K0RO Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2017 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for CW Op.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had the RS20S for nine months now and often have them on for two to three hours at a time. My previous 'phones gave me a headache after an hour. The Radiosport have never bothered me. I made over 1800 CW contacts in 2016 so gave them a pretty good workout.

The reduction in ambient noise is fantastic. The central air conditioning fan is right outside my shack and always bothered me when it kicked on. Not with this headset. I hardly hear it.

I did need to crank up the audio gain a bit compared to my previous set but that's not an issue.

Comments have been made about the weight but I've not found it to be a problem. And with a bit of patience, I was able to bend the head strap to the best fit for me.

I'm impressed and delighted with my RS20's. Well worth the money.

WA7WJR Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2017 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Sound and Comfortable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I setup my shack I knew I wanted a set of headphones and my research began. I've used David Clarks in my past so I've had experience and a point of comparison. I will say that comparatively the Radiosport headphones provide much better noise cancelling resulting in a much better sound.

The headphones are not especially light, but once adjusted properly they sit very comfortably.
The cloth covers on the over the ear cushioned ear pieces are very comfortable and prevent sweating.

I wish the headband also had an optional cloth covering for us guys lacking hair on top. I made a simple one from terry cloth and it works great.