Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 118 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

KC9RNK Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2016 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Dream come true  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the RS20S - deluxe "dream edition". After having them on for a couple hours, my XYL taps my shoulder to get my attention. My Shack is in the launry room. She was getting a little aggravated seeing that the washing machine, and dryer were not annoying me for the first time in 6 years! I simply took off the headphones, turned to her, and said, "my dream has come true". Never thinking there called the "dream edition". Now I know why!
KM4CQG Rating: 4/5 Sep 27, 2016 04:32 Send this review to a friend
expensive   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I read all the positive reviews and thought I would give these a try with the M207 microphone a try.

The comfort that everyone raves about is true the noise canceling is non electronic just a terrific seal on your ears. The faux Carbon Fiber finish looks nice but certainly doesn't look real. They seem to resemble an feel like a avation headset with more comfortable feel.

The sound quality from the headphone portion is good the Heils have a phase switch which gives them a slight advantage for pulling out faint signals.

The M207 microphone while good for a communication microphone is not anywhere near as good as Heils microphone in his various headsets. Its frequency response sounds less full. Keep in mind RadioSport claims its for DX. I have ordered several more microphone and will update this review when there tested.

Cables and PTT RadioSport switch are superior to Heils there expensive but they are worth it.

Overall I'm glad I bought them but at almost $475 USD there cost is much to high. Its up for you to decide now.

K9IR Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2016 08:28 Send this review to a friend
The best headset  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I own the RS60CF-DDE model with the M350-ADJ mic. This headset is the best one I ever have owned. Why?

1. Comfort. The Radiosport fits snugly but doesn't crush my ears. Unlike my Heil headset, it never slips out of position. I never feel fatigued after wearing them for an extended period.
2. Quiet. You hear what you want/need to hear from the rig, and not ambient noise. My Yamaha CM500 is a good buy for the money but doesn't keep out enough outside noises.
3. Great audio. I've received excellent reports.
4. Solid build. The Radiosport feels solid but not overweight.

Yes, you will pay more to get a Radiosport; I certainly wondered whether it justified the price. But when you use them you will realize (as I did) where every penny went to provide the perfect combination of excellent audio (RX/TX), comfort and noise limitation. Especially if you're like me and use 'phones almost exclusively, your ears will thank you.

Dave responds to queries very promptly and otherwise is great to deal with. Now stop reading and order one ;-)!
N6UG Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2016 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Love this headset!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

I've owned my set for about a year. I bought the set because they sound great RX/TX, they are comfortable and they block out shack noise.

All of these goals came true and the Radio Sport is the only headset I'll use going forward.
KJ1RE Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2016 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding and works with hearing aids  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't say more than everyone already has about the product (RS60CF) as to quality and great customer service from David (WI6R). Great product and great company.

I did want to add for other hams in my situation, however, that the headset works very well with my behind-the-ear Starkey Halo hearing aids. With some other headsets that I have used the ear cup size and/or cushions lead to feedback and I end up having to operate without my aids in. This is no big deal until I take the headset off to answer the door or chat with the XYL, in which case I have to either take the time to put my aids back on ask others to talk *loudly*! hihi

Not having to go through this process when I'm on-and-off the radio is very nice!
SP7IDX Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2016 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent - The Best of the Best !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After more than 25 years using different Heil Headsets And finally parted, now new boss SSB in my house, fantastic Arlan Radiosport Headsets RS-60CF-M350 + RS-M360, a huge and powerful sound, the highest quality of workmanship.
- Very Comfortable and made the best!
- Excellant audio reports. Loud and clear!
- Few hours of use and do not hurt, do not you know that you 'are using them!
- Full and fast help for me since Dave WI6R - Congratulations Dave!
- 101% I recommend this product!

Received the RS60CF a few months ago. I was very impressed with the performance.Am lucky to have us in the Radio Shack and my small DXpedition!

Greets, Waldi
OE5RBO Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2016 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Best - nothing more to say  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just own my RS60-CF with M207 now about a week, had several other in gear in use with different grades of satisfaction.

Finally i decided to buy the RS-60CF.

The result was: When i did the first call with it using the monitor - i got speechless! The microsound is so clear and powerfully, i never ever used something even nearly familar.

Also the headphones are providing excellent sound, nevertheless that when you take on the headset all other noise in the room is on "Mute".

It is by far the best headset i ever used and so there is nothing more to say.
W5DNT Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Simply the BEST, Period!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The RS60CF is simply the best set of headphones available, period. The M208 dynamic mic element is very wide band and lends itself to EQ quite well. The headset is extremely comfortable to wear for extended periods such as Field Day, where the noise canceling cans help reduce fatigue. The construction and high quality of this headset is well worth the cost. You will be hard pressed to find anyone in amateur radio better to deal with than Dave Bottoms, WI6R. In my case, he worked with me to make sure I had everything right to produce the desired audio that I wanted. Mic element selection is important and Dave is a big help with that. Very customer oriented and a pleasure to work with. If you want to treat yourself to the best headset available, go for the RS60CF!!
VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2016 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok well for those that know me and the people that don't , I use a Headset Microhpone exclusively, and have done for many years, , I have one ear that is 35% behind in performance compared to the good ear, so headphones are a must, plus the fact, a headphone mounted Microphone, gives a more constant audio pattern, if you tend to move around a bit, I move around in the shack, so a desk mic is useless to me,
I have been thru most of featured brands, cheap and expensive,
have home brewed best features from different models etc, always trying to end up with the best of the best,
having to wear Glass's full time, adds another dimension to the mix, in regards to Comfortable headphones,
I have a NEW set of PROSET ELITE IC, but have to remove the SOCKS to relieve some pressure from the Glass's wing,
so it has been a long expensive quest to find the something that does all the jobs, as we all know, seldom that happens in Ham radio,

I have home brewed quality headsets with different brand cartridges, etc etc,
never to be 100% compeletely satisfied,
Beyerdynamic DT-109's, Sennheiser, AUDIO TECHNICA BPHS-1, Dave Clarke, Heil, USA Avionics, Telex D-950 , SHURE SM-2,
used Heil Proset Elite IC, and PROEST HC-5,
but was never 100% satisfied, comfort, TX audio quality, recovered audio etc was a big ask, and looked like a pipe dream after so long a period,
it is a big task to ask a manufacturer to cover all the base's in regards to HAM gear, as the headset microphone subject, has to cover a lot of variables,

well that was until I bothered to give ARLAN Communications, RS60C a run,
wow, is all I can say, just WOW,
that is it guys, Just WOW,

what ever everyone elses says, In Spades,
My only point I would like to mention, is the fact if someone that has never used a headset mounted microphone, they may find it a little claustrophobic the very first time they are put on the head, because they are an extremely close fitting headset given the GEL pads, the GEL pad molds to the ear and surrounding area, and the feel is CLOSE,
the external noise rejection is something that you need to try to appreciate, mind blowing really, so there will be a few MISSED phone calls, because unless you can see the phone flashing, you will NOT hear it,

Worth every razoo they cost,
and to discuss the subject with Dave direct, is an absolute pleasure, he is forth coming with product info, more so then any other product brand I have encountered,

Congratulations Dave, a memorable product that has etched a permanent mark in Amateur Radio FOR SURE,
Dennis vk4sx,
Also like to Thank RFSOLUTIONS for the foresight to investigate stocking ARLAN COMMUNICATIONS RADIO SPORTS products down under, to compliment their already exceptional web site, & ALSO nice for VK Hams to have access to TIER#1 products in our own back yard.
excellent all round,
KD6CCP Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2016 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Worth every dime.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having a hearing impairment, I have always been looking for great cans. Running a recording studio gives me access to some fine products in this area. But I must say the Radiosports are designed for ham radio use not pure stereo mixing like my other phones.. These are amazing. Well constructed and simple outstanding. I was using Heil but not anymore. Do yourself a favor and try these...