Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Help

Reviews Summary for RADIOSPORT HEADSETS
RADIOSPORT HEADSETS Reviews: 86 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $159. USD
Description: RS20S Stereo/Diversity Receive with Carbon Fiber Finish. 24db Noise Reduction with 3.5mm Plug and 1/4" Adapter
More info: http://www.arlancommunications.com/products/amateurRadio/radioSport/rs20S.asp

You can write your own review of the RADIOSPORT HEADSETS.

K2QB Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2015 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Santa was kind enough to leave a pair of the RS60CF headphones under the tree. Having used them for a bit now, I have to say these are fantastic. I played around on SSB with them and had several hams provide me with feedback on the audio. Once I had it set up properly on the FT2K, the reports were all excellent and when I turned the processor on there was a discernable difference noted, again getting good reports. I got to wear them for an extended period during the NAQP CW contest. I put in 10 hours in the chair with these on and have to say they are the most comfortable headset I have ever worn. Never even thought about taking them off for a break. (I also wear glasses and had no issues what so ever) The quality right down to the cable and connectors is superb. I did find it interesting that the mic connector says Heil on it. These aren't cheap but if you are looking for a quality headset that looks good, sounds good, is comfortable and will last for years, then this is it.

KX7P Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2015 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned my headset for almost 1 year and I'm very happy with the quality and performance of this headset. Great receive audio and great transmit audio using the headset. A perfect match for my Yaesu FTDX-5000D.

VE3FLT Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2014 05:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality and performance!   Time owned: more than 12 months
Comfortable and well made. Just ordered my second set!

W7RJR Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely the BEST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After returning another headset from a famous manufacturer I ordered the RS60CF, the M350-ADJ mic element and the CS6-icm cable. This headset performed flawlessly right out of the box, as it should. The headset was easily adjustable and comfortable to wear, sealing out ambient noise. The headset quality was excellent. It is obvious that Dave has gone out of his way to make a product designed to perform in an amateur radio environment where RF in the shack can cause problems. This headset is RFI proof!! On the air audio reports were excellent. Yes, this unit costs a little bit more than it's competition but it is WELL worth the few extra bucks. Dave responds quickly via email. I am giving this the highest review I have ever given any product before.

HK3C Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2014 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Superb Fit, Finish and Feel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After speaking with Dave, WI6R, at Arlan Communications for only 15 minutes, it appeared we were on the same page with respect to product quality, value and customer service, and so I felt comfortable placing an immediate order for his RS60CF-DDE headset.

Two days later it arrived Miami, and two days after that, the package had cleared Colombian Customs and was delivered to my home north of Bogota.

As expressed in an earlier eHam review by W4UH (3 April 2013), I was blown away by the quality, beauty, and professional look of this headset. It is a thing of beauty! The quality of this headset and radio adapter cable is beyond compare!

Fit, finish and feel is in one word - superb. You certainly do get what you pay for. Moreover, in ensuing e-mail and telephone contacts, Dave's response and customer service was rapid and flawless. I will not hesitate to do business with his company again.

BTW, receive audio (Icom IC-7600) is superior to any other headset Ive ever used, bar none.

Looking forward to the next contest!

John HK3C

WA4KCN Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2014 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using my Radiosport Headset for several weeks and would not change anything. The Headphones are very comfortable and effective at noise cancelling. The microphone with its high Z transformer gets excellent results and compliments when used with my vintage gear including a Drake TR-4, Collins S Line, Kenwood TS-520 and others. Anyone looking for a Headphone and Boom-mic Headset for vintage gear, this one I highly recommend!

N6OIL Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 19:52 Send this review to a friend
RC60CF Great Headset  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
So after about 9 months using this headset on my little pistol station this thing will bust pileups. I run barefoot on a IC-718. I have the adjustable mic element installed. Dave is great to work with, just yesterday my headset had no audio output, contacted Dave and he is mailing out a replacement, now that awesome service.

NU6I Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2014 10:57 Send this review to a friend
RC60 the best headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Rarely I write reviews but this one deserves it.
I don't have a loud voice, not deep and not high what you can call
a voice that is not ideal for radio.
I own several headsets and microphones from Heil and others
but none gave me that modulation I needed to get through.
After reading the comments for the RC60 in an article I read the
reviews here on eHam and decided to order a RC60. As they have
several different mikes available I called for advise and Dave helped
me to make the right choice. The package was here in 2 days.
I have been using it for a few weeks. Did some tests on the air
comparing the different mikes and the RC60 is a distant winner.
No more complains that my audio is not strong enough, that it
is difficult to copy me because of my audio. That feels good.
The radio I use is a KX3 and I run only QRP so modulation quality
is very important.
The headset is on the heavy side but not uncomfortable.
Kind of expensive but worth every penny.

K6CTW Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2014 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
After the superb results I have had with their low impedance phones, I just had to try the 600 ohm headset for by boatanchor receives. WOW! Listening on the Drake 2-B and R-4A is really a pleasure. No hum (like with the low impedance phones) and they are so comfortable, and the outside sounds are so muted I many times forget I'm wearing them.

I've heartily recommended Radiosport products whenever I've been asked about headphones.

WN6F Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2014 03:01 Send this review to a friend
Expensive but NO regrets!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have no buyers-remorse with my RS20S "dream" edition rx-only headsets. (gel padding and washable covers)

I can't say much more than what has already been presented here, but love the 32 ohm input impedance, as this tends to provide a nice, but not heavy load on most of the audio amps in my rigs. The 6K rolloff and "sound" of the chamber peaks cw and ssb very nicely. I find I don't need to run the audio gain so high like I do with other headphones, and this adds to reducing listener fatigue.

I was very happy to discover that for cw, I can really tweak the audio on the rig to low bass frequencies, and pick up recoverable audio that way, instead of using a higher pitched super-narrow bandwidth on the edge of ringing. Nice to have that option with these headphones.

The Radiosport headphones have now become the standard from which I judge all the others in my collection. About the only thing that will beat them are some $1K Lightspeed Zulu aircraft headsets with ANR, which is overkill for most amateur radio applications.