Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Morse Meister Help

Reviews Summary for Morse Meister
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: CW Code Learing Program. Basic Letter groups, Block Practice, many practice skill sets, QSO Practice, Morse via Internet, NAVAID Practice, convert practice sessions to iPod/MP3 (Design custom waveforms), and is easily converted to alternate language configurations.

You can write your own review of the Morse Meister.

W4RMS Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2011 08:00 Send this review to a friend
A Great CW Tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I met Chuck, Wo1o, at our monthly “longtime ham” luncheon and he offered me a look at this CW Learning/Practice program, Morse Meister, to check for bugs.
Wow, let me tell you. I hold an extra class licensed and have been hamming for 44 years. I learned Morse code first on a record player than a machine called an Instructor Graph (used paper tapes). I took my code test in 1968 at the FCC main office in Washington DC. Yea, it was scary.
Morse Meister is structured to teach you Morse code by sound recognition and provides a “tool box” full of tools to help increase your skills and ability in both receiving and sending
Way beyond just learning the code. This is a program that will allow you to easily build your speed and skills whether your DXing, Contesting, or just plain having fun chewing the fat. I never thought I would need to practice code again, but this program is set up to make it fun and allows you to focus on what you need to get the job done. Think you don’t need a little code practice? Take the Pro-Sign Quiz. This not only challenges you but gives you a graph of where your shortcomings lay. Use the “QSO Prep” section to brush up on RST reports, QTH location, or call signs. This is where the tire meets the road for most “on-air” hams.
I asked Chuck if he thought about making this an “App” and he showed me the section that allows me to send code practice to my or anyone’s e-mail. This is so cool. I sent it to my iphone and ipad and in seconds I was driving my co-workers crazy as I brushed up on them “call signs” I thought was rare DX but in fact just new hams.
I use lots of tools when I am working contests but there is nothing like the ear and this program is “outstanding” for helping even the most experienced ham.
My intention in writing this review was to just introduce you to “Morse Meister” It has a lot more features I have not mentioned like Networking where you can send code to another computer and a section where you can analyze your sending and improve your “fist”.
You’re going to love this program and it will without a doubt improve your “on air” experience. Oh, and the price. You will love it too, because Chuck is trying to recover only some of the cost of the software to produce Morse Meister.

73’s W4RMS