Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond F23H Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond F23H Antenna
Diamond F23H Antenna Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $148.00
Description: 5/8 wave length, 7.8 dbi gain

You can write your own review of the Diamond F23H Antenna.

N0XAX Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2014 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Best 2 Meter Base Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this antenna for about five years. I had used Hustler, Cushcraft, and Comet base antennas. The F23H is by far the best 2 meter monoband antenna I have ever used, period. As stated by some other reviewers, I hit repeaters I could never hit before. And simplex is awesome! I would however use blue loctite on the allen screws holding the internal elements together inside the fiberglass radome. Want the best 2 meter base antenna you can buy? Get a Diamond F23H! You will not be disappointed!

KN0JI Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2014 11:52 Send this review to a friend
OMG...great 2 m antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My old Hustler SF-2 was the best antenna I ever had on my roof, and gave me great, unwavering performance. Then I read these reviews and took a chance and replaced it with the Diamond F23H. Holy cow! I'm now able to simplex farther than ever. I can hit repeaters I thought were too far away for me to reach. My SF-2 is still great, so I put it on my car. But for a base antenna, I don't believe it'll be easy for me to beat the F23H, at least in the foreseeable future.

AI4EN Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2013 09:09 Send this review to a friend
High performance antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have bought two of these antennas, one was cut for 162 Mhz (AIS-ARUBA/MARINETRAFFIC) and is mounted on the Yamanota mountain (200 meters) which is the highest peak on the island with sustained winds of 30 knots and gusts up to 60 knots. The other one was cut for 156.8 Mhz for marine VHF frequency. Both have been giving outstanding performance for more than a year. My only concern is the corrosion since the salt concentration in the air is very high. I've sprayed a product that is meant for air condition coils on the center section and on top of that sprayed a sealer to protect it from the elements. I will be ordering one more for my QTH 2 meter station. Very happy camper!

VE7LSE Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2012 00:20 Send this review to a friend
Great for APRS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got it from HRO and was shipped to me just fine.
Got it home and put it together very easy. No tuning required for 144mhz. Checked SWR before I installed it and was good.
Make sure to tape up the joints before installing in location to make sure the water stays out!

BEEN HAPPY SO FAR!

W4MAA Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2012 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Good Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
We have been using this antenna for a frequency agile remote base radio that ties into the main repeater system. Handles temperature and wind with no problem. We have 2 meter links to our main system over 150+ miles away from 3300ft elevation.

KA2AYR Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2011 16:10 Send this review to a friend
RF Parts sent the right part  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
They're not much for reply correspondence, but to my surprise, RF Parts sent the proper retaining nut for the antenna. The antenna is made whole now and is performing as expected.

KA2AYR Rating: 2/5 Jun 20, 2011 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Quality Control  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Diamond 718 UHF antenna for 440 a year ago and had no trouble with it, so I went for another Diamond product. Their reference gain is in dBi (referenced to a theoretical isotropic antenna). This antenna is approx. 5 dBd (referenced to a dipole). It seemed like a nice, light-weight, light-duty product that I could fly from my house without reinforcing the rafters. This review would be a 5 _IF_ the proper coupling ferrule (the retainer which holds the sections of top-most radome and the middle radome sections together) came with the antenna. The assembly was straightforward until I found the female section was larger than the male section and did not thread properly. It spun loosely over the section it was supposed to mate with. Not something you want to find out when you have everything else ready to go. I emailed RF Parts, the parent company of Diamond antenna and have not received a reply thus far. Yes, I have an antenna. It seems to work. It's just not quite right with electrical tape sealing the sections together (I needed an antenna; returning it was not an option when it was materially sufficient) and I don't want to drive the 140 miles round-trip to the closest dealer. So, RF Parts, you have my email. Please do answer me as soon as you can so we can make this right.

W4IOS Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2011 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Repalced a Ringo Ranger II with a F23H Diamond Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just replace a Ringo Ranger II antenna that was used on my weather/APRS IGate and almost immediately notice a difference! The quality of the antenna is much superior than the Ringo Ranger II and much easier to tune. The F23H is also field tunable and got the SWR down to <1.2:1. So far a great antenna!! I do recommend it to any one that is wanting a good 2 meter base antenna!