Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | JEFA Tech Low Loss 400 Help

Reviews Summary for JEFA Tech Low Loss 400
JEFA Tech Low Loss 400 Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$234
Description: JEFA Tech Low Loss 400 LMr-400 equivalent
More info: http://www.jefatech.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JT&Category_Code=d100-ll400

You can write your own review of the JEFA Tech Low Loss 400.

KJ4CMA Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2016 18:22 Send this review to a friend
JEFA tech is AWESOME!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Their Low Loss 400 and Low Loss 400 FLEX cables are high quality products at a price that simply can't be beat.

While this is technically only a review for the coax, I have to say the connectors that they sell are high quality as well and I have been quite pleased with them.

Not only are their products awesome, but their customer service is great as well. FAST shipping. FAST response to email inquiries.

Do business with confidence! JEFA Tech has been and will continue to be my first stop for coax.

N4ZAW Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2014 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Surprising performance!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I say "surprising" because of the price being so low. I was expecting inferior performance when stacked-up against other LMR-400. The first thing I noticed when it arrived, was the light weight (another reason I was expecting "well-you-get-what-you-pay-for" quality). It is a solid aluminum center-core, coated with copper. The braid is as dense as the higher priced stuff.
I gained 2Db over the RG-213 I replaced with it for some reason (compared to when the 213 was new)... The 213 was gored by RF and electrolysis, which is WHY I replaced it with this 400.
Finally, I'm impressed by how it is hanging-in there. I have subjected it to the same "abuse" as the 213 for the past five years, and fully-expected to have to change it by now. After all, dis-similar metals, Florida humidity, Electrolysis, and a "heavy foot" is tough on cable. So far, so good. I highly recommend this coax!

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2014 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Great For The Price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a 500' roll off of eBay a couple years ago. I use it from LF into UHF. Same specs as LMR-400 and much less expensive. I love it!

WA4DOU Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2014 02:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent cable!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I began using TMW LMR-400 cable for 900 Mhz commercial applications about a decade ago. Because of expense, I decided to try JefaTech LL400 and found similar loss characteristics and no noticeable difference in construction. The braid was tight and totally acceptable. I used several thousand feet of LL400 and never had any disappointments or surprises. I would not hesitate to recommend the product and the company. I'm retired now but use LL400 routinely in my amateur radio pursuits.

KB3UHK Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2013 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Great stuff  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Use it for all bands- HF, VHF and UHF. Love it.

KB3YHR Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2013 18:31 Send this review to a friend
Love JEFA Texh 400 Flex  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Using LL 400 flex for ease of routing. I am running a Cameleon V11 in a vertical configuration and have a number of shorter runs and need to make some twists and turns.

Replaces RG-8X and I noticed a substantial difference, especially on 40 and 80 meters. The difference is especially striking on the receive for me.

KE4VVF Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2012 00:02 Send this review to a friend
I'm Pleased with JEFA Low Loss 400  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this coax on 6 different runs for VHF/UHF and HF and am very pleased with it's performance. Replaced one run of RG8X to a G5RV and the difference was like night and day, especially on 10 meters. It's also rated for direct burial.

Use a pig tail of Jefa Low Loss Flex 400 at the end of a run to a rotor where all the flex is expected because the regular Low Loss 400 isn't rated for repeated flexing, but that is true for all brands of solid core coax.

I also used this coax to replace the RG58 in my truck. It was challenging to route but well worth the effort to get increased signal strength. Used an 18" 400 flex pig tail at the radio.

N8SDR Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2012 12:38 Send this review to a friend
better than some others  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced several runs with the low loss 400 they offer after having some problems with a cheap brand offered by a local amatuer radio supply store which after about 2 years the jackect was splitting open on.

I will be replacing all the runs and patch cables with JEFA Tech low as well.

Fast shipping as well, went out from them the same day orderd.

If your looking for a direct burialable coax this is hard to beat for performance/specs and cost. There flexiable LMR400 also has a very good price and specs as well.

K9RLB Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2012 21:47 Send this review to a friend
Good Value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a repeat customer of Jefatech. The bang for the buck is here! They sell on ebay, or at www.jefatech.com - I am not a paid spokesperson! I am just a happy ham when I find a good deal on good quality!

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2011 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
JEFA Tech's Low Loss 400 is only about 250 dollars for 500 feet, a great value. So far I am very pleased with the cable. Fast shipping, good stuff, you want to check these guys out if you need coax.