Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs Max Choking 1:1 Isolation Balun 1 -54MHz 5kw Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs Max Choking 1:1 Isolation Balun 1 -54MHz 5kw
Balun Designs Max Choking 1:1 Isolation Balun 1 -54MHz 5kw Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$79.95
Description: This balun is for those of you with tough RFI, SWR and/or RF in shack problems. Building on the original 1:1 design by Dr. Jerry Sevick, this balun has two (2) stacked cores to maximize choking impedance on HF bands from 1- 54MHz. By utilizing Mil-Spec coax, the SWR, Transformation and power handling are excellent while providing a choking impedance that exceeds 10,000 ohms. Even on 80m the choking impedance is over 3,500 ohms.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com/

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs Max Choking 1:1 Isolation Balun 1 -54MHz 5kw.

W1ZK Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2011 03:42 Send this review to a friend
Very good construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 1:1 Isolation Balun 1-31 MHz - 5kW - #1116d to feed a dual band 80/40 meter dipole. Not a fan dipole but two separate sets of wire attached at the center to the 1:1 balun. The construction is excellent. My main reason for purchasing the Balun Designs balun was power handling for RTTY. I run about 800 watts during contests. No problems at all. I highly recommend this product.

N5IMY Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2011 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just ordered a choking balun for a new hexbeam, but write this review for previous Balun Designs baluns. I have 4to1 and 1to1 baluns for my S9 vertical and Caolina Windom and have been very much impressed with the performace and build quality. Which is why I ordered one for my hexbeam. Good Stuff, because Robert does a very good job, and is most responsive to emails.

He and his products are certainly a five plus

Larry
N5IMY

WA6NEQ Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2011 00:09 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was experiencing noise levels on 80m of 10 over S9! My station has a good earth ground. I replaced my coax with LMR400, still didn't help. Another ham suggested Balun Designs products. I bought and installed the 1115. My noise level dropped to between S6 & S7. Since I also needed a balun for a tribander, I got the 1116 which is optimized for lower bands (I'll use the 1115 with the beam). The 1116 dropped the noise down another full S-unit. Bob builds these by hand so it took about 10 days to get it. But it was well worth the wait. These baluns are worth every penny!