Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Motorola HSN4018A/B Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola HSN4018A/B
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Motorola speaker designed for mobile use. This is the 18 Watt version of the HSM4030A (30 Watt) model.

You can write your own review of the Motorola HSN4018A/B.

SONY6060 Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2014 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for base station too  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Motorola HSN4018 is a very good communications grade speaker. I bought the HSN4018 with the mounting bracket in like new condition for $10.

Signals pop out of a fairly quiet background and very weak stations are clearly copied. I suspect the frequency response to be 200Hz to 3000Hz. The limited high frequency works wonders on noisy bands.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2011 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Fantasic, and inexpensive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I collect speakers for my collection of boatanchor and modern receivers. I have had some good luck with CB style speakers like the Bearcat ESP 20.
Recently, I came across a seller on eBay that had a quantity of these, used. I took a chance since the price was right and I have always heard that Motorola speakers sounded good. This is the 18 Watt version of the HSN4030A (30 Watt) in another catagory.
These are about the same size as the Bearcat and other CB speakers. They are VERY well made and heavy. To be 100% honest, I was amazed at the difference in sound quality compared to some other speakers I have been using.
Two caveats....
1. they come without mounting brackets
2. I take the back case off and rotate it 180 degrees so the audio line comes out the bottom.
This is just a personal preference.

I was so impressed, I recently ordered another large quantity. They are VERY reasonably priced, and sound fantastic! One was brand new (B Model). Best deal around...

ron