Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | MFJ 1664 Manual Screwdriver Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 1664 Manual Screwdriver
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $169.95
Description: Manual operated mobile antenna for 80-6 meters

You can write your own review of the MFJ 1664 Manual Screwdriver.

W6ZKH Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2011 06:28 Send this review to a friend
Just what I was looking for  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I didnt need a antenna for mobile operation, but for Pedestrain Mobile work. I got tired of changing out single band whips and then saw this MFJ1664 Manual Screwdriver antenna in their catalog. I ordered the MFJ1664 which also includes a 4.5 ft and 10 ft whip in the package. After I installed the antenna on my packframe, I used the 10 ft whip and am able to adjust the sleeve of the antenna without having to remove the pack from my back. I adjust the sleeve listening for maximum noise in receiver and then use the autotuner to finish the tuning. This antenna has performed great on my walkabout, just being mindful of low power lines and trees. I know this review isnt a Mobile install, but something that can be used in other activities of Ham Radio. The MFJ1664 weighs in at 2 lbs, so not unreasonable considering size.