Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | W8AMZ Dipole Ceneter Insulator Kit Help

Reviews Summary for W8AMZ Dipole Ceneter Insulator Kit
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $12.95
Description: Dipole Center Insulator Kit
More info: http://www.w8amz.com/

You can write your own review of the W8AMZ Dipole Ceneter Insulator Kit.

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2011 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OK, I found this on Ebay, but I live in Tampa, and would have to drive 60 miles to AES in Orlando to buy one. The local TARC Tailgate did not have any for sale, so I thought WTF ?
Ebay makes it so easy to buy when you use Pay Pal.
It arrived at my door in Florida from Michigan in 2 days! I made a NVIS 40 meter dipole with it, and it works fine.
Unlike many EBay sellers, W8AMZ has a phone number, and he answers it. I just ordered an 80 and 40 meter fan dipole from him. Though it is not a stock item, and Tom W8AMZ is physically challenged, I received it in less then a week from placing my order!
I haven't put it up yet, since I am enjoying my 40 meter NVIS Dipole using a chain link fence as a reflector! I have rigged a pulley system to raise the W8AMZ 40 meter dipole up and down above my fence, to get maximum reflector effect for NVIS.
I found Tom W8AMZ to be a straight talking fellow Ham, who treated me with kindness and respect.
He was even curious about my NVIS experiments, and asked me to let him know what Dipole height above the chain link fence worked best for me.
In our conversations, he was unassuming and humble, never afraid to say the magic words "I Don't know" ! A far cry from some of the so called "Wire Antenna God's" who think they know it all. I think you know the type ?