Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Ultra Beam Yagi 2 el 6-20m Help

Reviews Summary for Ultra Beam Yagi 2 el 6-20m
Ultra Beam Yagi 2 el 6-20m Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1280,00 Euro
Description: Dynamic yagi 2 elements 6-20m
More info: http://www.ultrabeam.it

You can write your own review of the Ultra Beam Yagi 2 el 6-20m.

VK3IDX Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2012 05:29 Send this review to a friend
So far so good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being the first Ultrabeam user in Australia, I thought Id post my early observations, and will post a follow up later down the track after extensive use.
1.Logically sequenced,easy to follow instruction manual with useful pics. Could be a little more detailed and without the mispellings, but no issues at all with the assembly.
2.All parts were provided, so nothing missing,but no spares.
3.Assembly took me a casual and relaxed 4 hours,including reading the manual closely.
4.SWR was 1.5 or lower on all bands, and with some slight driven element adjustments all SWR reading are 1.1 on all bands according to my MFJ analyser. Its great being able to tune the antenna from the comfort of my chair and a finger on the controller!
5.Unfortunately I dont have another antenna up to compare it with, but my subjective findings is that it works very well, especially considering that its only about 30 foot high. Il comment more on my next, follow up review.
6.Customer Service provided by the Australian dealer RF Solutions has been excellent.
7.What I really like: High quality throughout ; semi transparent fibreglass elements so it blends in with the sky quite well, also I can see the moving copper inside the element for trouble shooting purposes; Square boom so the elements perfectly line up; I can retract the copper element in case of electrical storms;pre connected cable connectors from the control box to the motors,so plug & play; and not forgetting the interface cable that connects between the control box and my transceiver, so the antenna resonant frequency changes automatically in tune with my VFO.
Yep, so far a satisfied user of my new dynamic antenna system!

IK8TEO Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2011 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for cwer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally SWR 1:1 also in the sub-band telegraphy. The antenna is built with great care as well as its controller.
Ideal in the contest with his non extreme directionality.
Light and robust, revolution the concept of antenna 100 years after its invention.
Greatly recommended for all.
73 de Francesco IK8TEO.