Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Insurance | Hays Affinity Group Help

Reviews Summary for Hays Affinity Group
Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $1.40 per Hundred
Description: Club Liability & Equipment Insurance
More info: http://arrlinsurance.com/userinterface/home.aspx

You can write your own review of the Hays Affinity Group.

KC8P Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an amplifier damage by static electricity. They paid the claim quick!

KK4OEF Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2014 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Awesome service  Time owned: more than 12 months
We have been dealing with a hole in our roof , from a wind / thunder storm in June. Last week I finally had a chance to get back in my ham shack, when I turned my radio on " I released the magic smoke". Turns out somehow water had filled the case of my radio, and sat for a month. As soon as I contacted Hays, they worked quickly to review my claim and send me a check. Wish my homeowners insurance was as efficient.

K4FX Rating: 2/5 Feb 18, 2014 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Read the fine print  Time owned: more than 12 months
This insurance does not cover anything but lightning, floods, and theft. So if anything else happens, for instance one of my rigs just kinda went south, can't prove it was lightning, so I am beat.

I won't be renewing, for the amount of gear I have, and I have good protection against theft and fire and flood, it is just not worth the money. I sure could have spent 2 years of premiums much wiser.

K4FX

WZ3O Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2013 21:08 Send this review to a friend
Great service & price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't beat the price of the all risk coverage with low deductible and claims service par excellence ... had a vertical go horizontal in a wind storm HI .... claim based on current retail minus $50 fantastic turn around on $$ ... oh even with claim renewed without issue....

KK2DOG Rating: 4/5 Dec 28, 2012 20:21 Send this review to a friend
So far...So good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lucky for me, I haven't had to place a claim yet,
but I do have about $7,000 of gear (antennas included) that Hays has insured for $99.00 a year which you can't beat with a stick. The only reason I gave them a "4" is because I haven't needed, nor do I look forward to any radio equipment 'Drama.' Other than that, signing-up is EASY and their rates are second to none! Once you go-over your home owners policy and see what it DOESN'T cover or you have that $1000 deductible, I think you'll find that Hays Affinity Group is a no-brainer.

N4KC Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2011 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Well done  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I signed up for the new ARRL insurance back in May when I suddenly realized how much I had invested in all that stuff here in the shack...including the computer on which I make a portion of my living. And that I had $1000 deductible on homeowners. I figured the cost of the ARRL policy was a pretty good...well...insurance policy.

Even so, I had no way of knowing that I would actually have a claim--my first loss in half a century of being licensed--when an apparent lightning surge took out my beloved Kenwood TS-2000. I took a look, could see nothing I could do, and shipped it off to Clif at Avvid (review elsewhere).

Clif determined the control board was shot and would have to be replaced before he could do an alignment and determine if anything else was fried. That much alone would be about $600. And even then, as most of us know, other lightning-weakened components could be damaged and wait a week or a few months before going ker-spritz, one part at a time.

I fully expected a hassle with the adjustor at Hays Affinity, and the best I could hope for would be for them to pay for the control board replacement. Then we'd piecemeal along if other stuff broke until I had hit my replacement value, and then be on my own with whatever else might go south on me. Like an automobile, rebuilding a radio a part at a time costs many times more than simply buying a new, fully-assembled one.

After a pleasant conversation with a lady at the company, and at her instruction, I sent in the claim request by email on Tuesday night, including Clif's analysis. I still expected to wait days and have to re-submit multiple times. However, the adjustor left me a voice-mail the very next afternoon. When I called him back, he understood my plight perfectly and agreed to replace the rig.

Both people with whom I spoke were helpful and friendly. Service was prompt and all I could have hoped for. If this is typical, I'm a customer from now on...but I still hope I never need them again. Good choice, ARRL.

Don N4KC
www.n4kc.com
www.donkeith.com

NL7XM Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2011 18:07 Send this review to a friend
My Club $aved Money!  Time owned: months
My ARRL Affiliated Club's been insured with Marsh / Seabury-Smith since like, forever, for several reasons: They've been the League's recommended Agent; they offer Liability + Equipment coverage in one stop shopping; and having never had to file a claim, I had no reason to think I couldn't count on them if the time ever came.
When the League announced they abruptly severed ties with Marsh, (tellingly offering NO details) and wholeheartedly endorsed Hays, I knew I had to offer our Club an alternative, so I conducted a comparison, especially after reading some reviews here about Marsh.
First, all (free) Club Liability quotes can be obtained online by completing and submitting an interactive .pdf form, answering some basic questions. All your equipment can be listed this way, too, and updated on the fly by your Inventory Chairman with password access, as your Club buys new, and sells off its older gear. (I had to fax every change to a Marsh agent previously).
You can add up to $2k worth of gear anytime w/o a premium increase until your next renewal time. Deductibles are similar, but $1.40 per $100 value is a cost savings over Marsh.
The clincher that made it even easier for my Board of Directors to accept my recommendation, was an annual cost savings of $140 of the Liability Protection Premium for the identical standard 1M/2M limit schedule!
Now, I never thought we were overpaying all these years, but a savings like that is equivalent to suddenly having 10 new dues-paying Members!
Now, I can't tell you our Club has any experience comparing the settlement abilities of either Company, because we've been fortunate not to have to test our protection, but I'm confident that the ARRL did not arrive at this important endorsement lightly. But I can tell you with certainty that we now enjoy the same exact coverage for a lot less cost, which came as a complete, pleasant surprise.
I hope Hays' first performance review won't be from my Club, but I will surely read about someone's unfortunate loss and expect they will be satisfied with their claims' handling.
Insurance protection is serious business. Compare carefully for yourself.