Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-900a Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-900a
Icom IC-900a Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The Icom IC-900A was a modular radio that supported individual band units for 10 meters, 6 meters, 2 meter, 1.25 meter, 70cm and 23cm. They can be installed remotely using an included fiber optic cable.

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-900a.

KA1KLO Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2015 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Quality of Construction and Features  Time owned: more than 12 months
Icom can always say they have made quality Rigs since I bought my first IC 730 mobile rig in 1981 the button construction with back lit numbers, letters and solid feel when pushed I had a ic 900A in my shack in 1987 along with 5 band units. I used it to cross band for years during the 90's I've just picked another up to add to my mid 1980's collection. I'm glad to report this IC 900A performs as well as any VHF/UHF rig I've owned, even the HM 14 microphone is just Pure Quality. Try one You'll love it. Sincerely, John De ka1klo
KF2E Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2011 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Far ahead of it's time  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a very versatile radio that can be assembled with up to 6 separate band units to cover most everything but the lower HF bands. It isn't quite as compact as rigs today but the construction is rugged and the radio reliable. I have two of them and have been very satisfied with their performance. It's a shame they are no longer being made.