Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 347 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

K4BSK Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2018 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Call History Search  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ever since I got by novice license and call, KN4BSK, in 1960, I suspected that I was not the original holder of that call. Pete was able to confirm my suspicion. But he surprised me by finding that it had been issued to two individuals before me. A 58 year curiosity has been satisfied. I am grateful for Pete's time. He provides a unique service to the ham community.

KY2D Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2018 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service!;  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was a teenager when first licensed over 50 years ago and didn't think to keep that first ticket. Pete found the date in his collection of call books. The $1 donation is far too small for his time and effort.

K0WA Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2017 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a wonderful service. He works on donations. Five stars, five thumbs up.

WA9PWP Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2017 12:05 Send this review to a friend
A great service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A great service from a friendly fellow ham! His fee is very reasonable. The Callbook page copy is much more, it is a "certificate" suitable for framing!

W9NFL Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2017 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A great service. I really enjoyed his service and his friendliness. I WILL be using his service again and highly recommend it.

Keith W9NFL

KM4RO Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2017 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service 50 year old callsign  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very fast turnaround. Pete performs a valuable service for us old guys. Very friendly.

W8JNE Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2017 04:37 Send this review to a friend
W8JNE  Time owned: months
Pete provided a lot of help finding an old friend from many years ago with in a day or so. The only tid-bit of info was a "Z" and an 8 in his call letters.

Chuck Johnston

WA7SGS Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2017 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Books have better memory than I do...LOL!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Pete found out for me when my original Novice callsign was released. I was not sure of the years but thanks to Pete I am now reassured of when this happened!

W6IFN Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2017 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Fascinating and unique service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete well deserves all the high marks he's getting here. He did a thorough investigation into the history of my call sign and sends a really nice historical record in the mail complete with photocopies of the first mention of your call. He's the nicest guy you could hope to meet and is very easy to work with via email. I have no idea how you could track down all this info on your own - it would take ages. To be clear, this is not a free service as the eHam description implies. He puts in hours of tedious effort into this work and charges a very reasonable price for his time. I was delighted with the results. Thanks Pete!

9V1YC Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2017 06:43 Send this review to a friend
A great historical resource!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed to find some old callsigns for a national historical research project, and Pete was the only one able to fill in the last few we were missing. Thanks to Pete, our callsign database from colonial times is now complete.