Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 337 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KJ6BAK Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2017 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Verified my original callsign  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete provides a valuable service to amateur radio.
I left ham radio in the 70's and just recently returned and thought it would be great to have my original callsign. I got my questions answered in a couple of hours and the required documentation in a few days. Very nice work.

K6BY Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2017 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Novice call lookup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You just can't ask for more. Had the info requested within a few hours...very fine work.

K5YY Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2017 12:00 Send this review to a friend
Great research data and timely reply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted to verify my old K5QHS (1958) was the only time that call was used and that my 1977 K5YY was the first time the call was issued. Since 1977 my old K5QHS has not been reissued in all these years. Great, quick research and answer to my questions. Please support Pete's historical call sign research efforts. Great resource for us ham operators.
San K5YY

WA7EM Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2017 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Great research of my 1st license  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I learned of Pete's service on looking up old callsigns, back into the era before the FCC kept computerized records. Pete has a very large library of old Callbooks.

All my old license information was lost over the years, over several moves. I sent Pete a short email giving him my guess when I got my novice license. In a few days, he replied with the 1st callbook I showed up. It was fun to have history confirmed!

NC4A Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2017 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Service  Time owned: months
Who digs through old call books to look up license data for people he doesn't even know? WOW !

After fifty years, 13 moves and over a dozen call signs, Thanks to NL7XM I now know I was first licensed in late 1966.

Totally amazing!

K3LT Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2017 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had my Vanity call sign K3LT since 1997, and always wondered if it had been previously issued. I could not find any evidence that it had been, either on QRZ, the FCC ULS database, or the 1983 callbook I own and some earlier ones owned by a fellow OM. I sent Pete NL7XM a request to research it, and sure enough, it seems that I am the one and only holder of the call K3LT! Pete's response was quick and I was sure to send him a generous contribution! I highly recommend his service! Thanks Pete!

Larry Roll, K3LT

WA5TWH Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2017 16:38 Send this review to a friend
Original call sign back on the air thanks to Pete!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been inactive for a number of years and a friend relit my desire to get on the air. My friend mentioned the possibility of getting my original call sign back with with the aid of "The Historian". I called Pete and he worked his magic and I had the necessary documents to send to the FCC. Pete's "package" made it really simple and the response from the FCC was fast and hassle free.

I highly recommend Pete's "Historian" service.
Terry WA5TWH

KA8BMA Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2017 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Found Novice Call Sign  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was originally licensed as a Novice in 1959. Made 4 contacts that year and let the license lapse. Relicensed as Novice in 1978 as KA8BMA. Always wondered what my original call was. Pete to the rescue! In no time at all, he had my original call, WN8CJE.
Thanks, Pete, for this valuable service.

K4JPN Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2017 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Pete came through with the history on my callsign quickly. He EMailed it to me and it was automatically routed to the Junk EMail folder by my internet provider. No fault of Pete's, so check your Junk EMail folder if you don't think you have a reply from him. Thanks again Pete for the great service.

K0FYI Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2017 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete responded promptly even after I had given him a "bum steer" about the date of my novice license back in 1961. Quality service for a bargain price.