Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 232 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

K2KX Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2014 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete not only found information about my present call but also went back into the 1950's and found the original user of my previous call. In addition, Pete also provided me contact information about this ham who is still licensed and active. This is a great service that is not available anywhere else. I highly recommend Pete and his historical look up abilities.

WA3MDP Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2014 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: months
Recently I had a somewhat urgent need to research the original date of my license and in addition the date of my XYL's license. Pete responded promptly and professionally with all the needed information and documentation.
His support to the Ham community is outstanding! He was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Thank you Pete.

WA2EJT Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2014 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Pete found info on w2zgy I was looking for  Time owned: months
I needed information on a callsign which had appeared in an old electronics magazine. Pete got me just what I was looking for, in spite of the fact that I made a mistake and did not give him the correct callsign. Pete gave me the correct callsign with the address and timespan over which the call had been held - just the information I had been looking for. An excellent piece of detective work. Many thanks to Pete!

K3IW Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2014 19:03 Send this review to a friend
A necessary service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before my fiftieth anniversary of being licensed I emailed the FCC to attempt to find my actual license date; The FCC response was, "I have researched our microfiche records. Unfortunately, the Commissionís historical records that have been retained for the Amateur Radio Service do not predate 1964." A year later I discovered NL7XM through reviews on eHam, and I wrote to Pete. He provided the certified proof of my first licensing very quickly. Pete's service was outstanding, and he readily answered my questions. I recommend NL7XM to anyone trying to locate one's own license information or that of a relative, silent key or someone who has held multiple callsigns. He's better than Google.

N3CS Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2014 12:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete helped me recall first licensed date/details I'd forgotten.

KG6STS Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2014 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Good service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have my Grandfather (W9IRA) station log from April 25 1949 - March 22, 1950. There are other logs held by my extended family I am trying to locate.

KC5FM Rating: 4/5 Mar 25, 2014 09:14 Send this review to a friend
W5KLH  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W5KLH was my mentor, back in the day.

I could not remember his callsign. NL7XM had my memory served within hours of the request.

Thanks to the QCWA for referring me to him.

He got a four from me because only God gets fives and I could not give 4.98.

WA9PWP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 13:55 Send this review to a friend
excellent service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete "The Greek"s response and service are quick, and not costly. Highly recommended!

KB1AMG Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2014 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: months
I contacted Pete by e-mail looking for my Dad's old call. He was first a novice in the 70's but I couldn't remember his call. Much later he was licensed and was active on the air for about 20 years. Now that he's a silent key, I want to take that old novice call as my own. Pete's response was prompt and I found him a real gentleman to communicate with.

WA1DCP Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a great service to the ham community by using his collection of Callbooks to research original license dates.When I was 14 I had a elmer and by the time I was 17 lost all contact and track of him. All I could remember was his call as it was the first call I ever heard K1HNT . I Bought some callbooks from the very early 1970's but he wasn't in them. Pete located his call and got me the info , as well as when my call first appeared. Thanks for the help and a great service.
Port