Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 319 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KM4TPI Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Special Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best and highest quality of service I could imagine. Wonderful follow-up to insure satisfaction. Pete delivers a very special service for those of us who could not find any information on our old licenses. He went back 60 years to dig up one of my call signs.

K8KVN Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2016 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I saw this source of information on eham and, not having any other record of my Novice license, decided to find out for sure when it was issued. Turns out it was a year earlier than I thought. Pete found it in 1967.

In this day of instant internet gratification, it is great to know that someone is keeping the history of things that aren't online alive.

Kudos to Pete.

WA4DZW Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Call sign research  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete answered a question that I had had for at least two years in about three days! Very timely and accurate. Please be sure to PayPal him a couple of bucks; he puts a lot of time and effort into this and it is worth it to all of us. Somebody needs to archive this info and even the FCC apparently doesn't! Cheers!
Rich Ervin, WA4DZW

WB8KRY Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2016 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Very good service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Contacted Pete and he sent the info I requested on being first licensed. Also sent the Certified Authentic Reproduction of the callbook page so I have a record of it. Well worth it.

KN1SIX Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2016 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Pete and email and got a response within hours.
I highly recommend Pete!

KG5KOG Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2016 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Finally have a name  Time owned: months
Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia. 1960. At the time I was 9 years old. Had an AM transceiver kit I could not get working. So long ago, but even though I had forgotten his his name, always have remembered that meeting with the HAM that fixed it.

Never knew where to start till I mentioned to another HAM about wanting to find the man.
Was given twelvevoltsdc email, so sent an email off to him with the story of how/when/why I meet this HAM.

A couple of weeks later, I received an email back.
In it was the exact info I had been wanting to find for so long.

Mr Swann is now SK, if only I had of known about twelvevoltsdc and started my search earlier.

Thank you Pete for what you have done.

AC2RU Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2016 12:07 Send this review to a friend
NL7XM got me back on the air quickly and easily  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I highly recommend NL7XM Callsign Historical Research service. He provided me with FCC accepted documentation that gave me a simple easy way to get back on the are after over 45 years of inactivity.
Within a week of receiving NL7XM's documentation proving that I had held an expired General class license I was back on the air. All that was required was to present the documentation to a VE and pass the written Technician test and my General class privileges were restored! Thanks NL7XM for a great service!

WA8SYQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2016 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Awesome job researching my amateur radio licensing history.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete did an awesome job researching the dates of my amateur radio licensing history. Using his huge supply of old amateur radio call books, Pete was able to supply me with my licensing history within a window of 2-3 months.

Novice -----> General ---> Advanced ---> Amateur Extra
WN8SYQ__WA8SYQ____WA8SYQ_______WA8SYQ
Spring_____Winter______Summer_________Winter
1966_______1967________1975___________2014

I could not find any other service or online information to get this information, Pete's a great guy and has helped me and many other hams recall their amateur radio history thanks Pete!

WB1DXD Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2016 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Pete provides a great license research service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thank you Pete for all you do to research the historical license information you have. I appreciate that you are the only one with permission from the publisher to take the time and effort you give. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
Jim WB1DXD

N4BOS Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2015 09:03 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete with a request to find my original license date. It took a bit for him to get back to me (he's a busy man!!) but he did and provided information on my original license date. I have since found my original paper log book (remember those?) and confirmed his information. All Pete asked was that I put a review on eHam so here it is!

I don't mind saying I also made a "donation" to him for the service.

GOOD guy and excellent service.m It just doesn't get any better than that in our HAM world.

Steve