Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 255 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

AA7XA Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2014 09:43 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: months
Pete responded to my query quickly. Within days I had the call sign data I needed for a close friend. Great service and results. I highly recommend Pete's service.

Frank
AA7XA

KN4R Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2014 07:54 Send this review to a friend
THANK YOU de KN4R  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Pete has been terrific in researching and answering my WWII Callbook-related questions. He is very thorough and responsive.

I highly recommend...

brian
KN4R

TSTUCKEY Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 07:57 Send this review to a friend
W4EDJ lookup  Time owned: months
Thanks so much Pete.I thought I would never be able to get proof of ever holding this license.
Your collection and expert hunting skill supplied this for me in record time. I was a youngster just out of USAF when I received this call.Had a "junk box jewel" xmtr and surplus BC-348 Rx.
Thanks again for your valuable help.
Tracy Stuckey
KM4DGW
EX,and hope to have again: W4EDJ

K8CQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2014 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Response in 1 hour - fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete, you are remarkable. Because of lost/stolen QSLs and logbooks in a move in 1978, I no longer could remember the fellow's call who gave me my Novice exam in 1958. I only knew his first and last name. I thought I had the street correct on the west side of Indy. But my memory was incorrect. Pete replied within one hour of my initial email. His effort found W9SSE's call, address, and full name within the time it takes most people to open a book. Thanks a bunch, Pete.

W1QJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2014 05:10 Send this review to a friend
QSL CARD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete and I are friends now for a while and he had purchased a collection of QSL cards from an SK estate. Among the many cards there was a QSL card from the original holder of the call sign I have now. He sent me a digital of the QSL and I just had to have it. He'll be sending it to me soon. Great service he runs and very informative!

WM9I Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2014 17:37 Send this review to a friend
Great turn around!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fantastic response with the information! Provides a needed service to all us old hams! Thanks!

N4SAX Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2014 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Wow! KEWL Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I near my retirement and even more exciting times in amateur radio, I often reflect on my early years as a Novice. Though I have vivid memories of the fun of building the DX-60B and HR-10B, followed by so many wonderful days (and long nights!) plying the airwaves with my trusty Heath gear, the actual timeframe of all the fun had escaped me. Seeing NL7XM's well deserved reviews on this site, I sent a note to Pete "The Greek" asking for his help in determining when I was actually licensed. Within an hour he told me I received my Novice ticket in the summer of '72 (I thought it was '69 or '70!). I'm most grateful to Pete and highly recommend his service to any of you who are "troubled by your past" in amateur radio! Excellent service and Terrific Guy!
73 Pete and thanks again!
Then: WN3TMO
Now: N4SAX

K2WH Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2014 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Neat and Quick  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was informed of this service provided by NL7XM. At the time, I was having a friendly dispute with another ham of when I first was licensed. I thought it was 1969 but found out it was actually 1971. Oh well, I lost the bet and a few years of ham history.

K2WH

W0UHL Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2014 11:32 Send this review to a friend
Old Callsign Lookup  Time owned: months
Pete helped me find the new call sign and address of an old friend that was my neighbor in 1962 in Mission,Kansas. I could not of gotten the information without him. THANKS PETE!!

KE9N Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2014 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had lost track of when I received my novice call sign, and asked for the help of Pete. He responded within 24 hrs. and had the information I needed. Pete did the work in just a few hours, what would have taken me months. Thanks Pete!