Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 244 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

W7WLL Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2014 18:53 Send this review to a friend
More Than Expected  Time owned: months
Conducting research to fill out some unknowns in a list of Tektronix ex and present ham employees that includes all foreign subsidiaries. Pete was able to extract some information on hams that were VERY early employees and who died way back. Only through call books that I did not have could we have found the data needed. Thanks Pete, I know that the time expended was a lot. By the way, we have confirmed that more than 670 Tektronix employees had ham licenses. Don't let anyone ever say that having a license doesn't make a difference in being hired into a high tech electronics company!!

KA9KUI Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2014 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete to help me with verification of my original Technician class back in 1983. His response was nothing short of amazing. In less than 24 hours he had located the information. Pete even assisted in helping me sign up with eHam. I will certainly recommend Pete to anyone needing historical call sign information.

K2KX Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2014 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete not only found information about my present call but also went back into the 1950's and found the original user of my previous call. In addition, Pete also provided me contact information about this ham who is still licensed and active. This is a great service that is not available anywhere else. I highly recommend Pete and his historical look up abilities.

WA3MDP Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2014 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: months
Recently I had a somewhat urgent need to research the original date of my license and in addition the date of my XYL's license. Pete responded promptly and professionally with all the needed information and documentation.
His support to the Ham community is outstanding! He was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Thank you Pete.

WA2EJT Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2014 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Pete found info on w2zgy I was looking for  Time owned: months
I needed information on a callsign which had appeared in an old electronics magazine. Pete got me just what I was looking for, in spite of the fact that I made a mistake and did not give him the correct callsign. Pete gave me the correct callsign with the address and timespan over which the call had been held - just the information I had been looking for. An excellent piece of detective work. Many thanks to Pete!

K3IW Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2014 19:03 Send this review to a friend
A necessary service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before my fiftieth anniversary of being licensed I emailed the FCC to attempt to find my actual license date; The FCC response was, "I have researched our microfiche records. Unfortunately, the Commissionís historical records that have been retained for the Amateur Radio Service do not predate 1964." A year later I discovered NL7XM through reviews on eHam, and I wrote to Pete. He provided the certified proof of my first licensing very quickly. Pete's service was outstanding, and he readily answered my questions. I recommend NL7XM to anyone trying to locate one's own license information or that of a relative, silent key or someone who has held multiple callsigns. He's better than Google.

N3CS Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2014 12:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete helped me recall first licensed date/details I'd forgotten.

KG6STS Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2014 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Good service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have my Grandfather (W9IRA) station log from April 25 1949 - March 22, 1950. There are other logs held by my extended family I am trying to locate.

KC5FM Rating: 4/5 Mar 25, 2014 09:14 Send this review to a friend
W5KLH  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W5KLH was my mentor, back in the day.

I could not remember his callsign. NL7XM had my memory served within hours of the request.

Thanks to the QCWA for referring me to him.

He got a four from me because only God gets fives and I could not give 4.98.

WA9PWP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 13:55 Send this review to a friend
excellent service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete "The Greek"s response and service are quick, and not costly. Highly recommended!