Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 324 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KK6IPK Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2016 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Thanks!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My earliest memory of amateur radio was seeing my late uncle's gear many years ago. He lived a few hundred miles away. It wasn't much of an introduction but it was enough to spark the curiosity which eventually led me to get my license. I knew his call was on his license plate but that was literally all I could remember. After several internet searches I saw Bob Heil mention Pete on Ham Nation. Pete helped me recover my uncle's call sign and many lost memories. I really appreciate the quick work he made of the research and the excellent quality of the copies he sent. They have become a permanent feature of my station, visible just under the glass at my operating position.

W7EKB Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2016 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete to find some information on my own call, and that of one of my Elmers, which I had forgotten. Pete came through for me with more than flying colors. I was astounded at both how quickly he found this information and how fast he sent it. It was very well worth every penny I sent to Pete, and I would gladly do it again if I had to. I highly recommend him and his services to anyone who wants to know the history of his own call, or that of any other. I was first licensed in October of 1956 while I was still 14 years old. I have held this call ever since. My call had one previous owner which that person received in 1934. This is a very hearty "Thank You" to Pete. vy 73,

KK6MD Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2016 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Pete confirmed an old acquaintance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was first licensed at age 14, many years ago. I met a local ham on the air, and my dad took me to visit him. When he answered the door, I was shocked to learn that he was blind. He'd never mentioned it, and he had no reason to do so. As a young man, it was a valuable learning experience about overcoming disabilities. All these years later, I still remember that ham and his call sign (which has since been acquired as a vanity call by someone else), but I couldn't remember his name. Pete did a search for me and gave me the answer.

WB2HJQ Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 06:35 Send this review to a friend
mystory solved  Time owned: months
Through a member of our club (WN3LIF),Pete contacted me with the answer to my quest of "who had my calls before me". When I was given the calls, many years ago, other hams said that my call was previously assigned, because it was out of sequence. Without me even asking Pete e-mailed me the answer in no time flat.
TNX
Ken WB2HJQ

N5IJY Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2016 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: months
I had been wanting this information for quite sometime. I sent Pete an email and he responded to my request very promptly with everything I was looking for
I am so thankful that someone takes an interest in the older history like Pete.
I was just as prompt in sending him a nice gratuity for his efforts. Please don't forget to send him something for his time and work.

KM4TPI Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Special Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best and highest quality of service I could imagine. Wonderful follow-up to insure satisfaction. Pete delivers a very special service for those of us who could not find any information on our old licenses. He went back 60 years to dig up one of my call signs.

K8KVN Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2016 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I saw this source of information on eham and, not having any other record of my Novice license, decided to find out for sure when it was issued. Turns out it was a year earlier than I thought. Pete found it in 1967.

In this day of instant internet gratification, it is great to know that someone is keeping the history of things that aren't online alive.

Kudos to Pete.

WA4DZW Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Call sign research  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete answered a question that I had had for at least two years in about three days! Very timely and accurate. Please be sure to PayPal him a couple of bucks; he puts a lot of time and effort into this and it is worth it to all of us. Somebody needs to archive this info and even the FCC apparently doesn't! Cheers!
Rich Ervin, WA4DZW

WB8KRY Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2016 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Very good service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Contacted Pete and he sent the info I requested on being first licensed. Also sent the Certified Authentic Reproduction of the callbook page so I have a record of it. Well worth it.

KN1SIX Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2016 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Pete and email and got a response within hours.
I highly recommend Pete!