Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 252 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

W1QJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2014 05:10 Send this review to a friend
QSL CARD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete and I are friends now for a while and he had purchased a collection of QSL cards from an SK estate. Among the many cards there was a QSL card from the original holder of the call sign I have now. He sent me a digital of the QSL and I just had to have it. He'll be sending it to me soon. Great service he runs and very informative!

WM9I Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2014 17:37 Send this review to a friend
Great turn around!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fantastic response with the information! Provides a needed service to all us old hams! Thanks!

N4SAX Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2014 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Wow! KEWL Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I near my retirement and even more exciting times in amateur radio, I often reflect on my early years as a Novice. Though I have vivid memories of the fun of building the DX-60B and HR-10B, followed by so many wonderful days (and long nights!) plying the airwaves with my trusty Heath gear, the actual timeframe of all the fun had escaped me. Seeing NL7XM's well deserved reviews on this site, I sent a note to Pete "The Greek" asking for his help in determining when I was actually licensed. Within an hour he told me I received my Novice ticket in the summer of '72 (I thought it was '69 or '70!). I'm most grateful to Pete and highly recommend his service to any of you who are "troubled by your past" in amateur radio! Excellent service and Terrific Guy!
73 Pete and thanks again!
Then: WN3TMO
Now: N4SAX

K2WH Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2014 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Neat and Quick  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was informed of this service provided by NL7XM. At the time, I was having a friendly dispute with another ham of when I first was licensed. I thought it was 1969 but found out it was actually 1971. Oh well, I lost the bet and a few years of ham history.

K2WH

W0UHL Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2014 11:32 Send this review to a friend
Old Callsign Lookup  Time owned: months
Pete helped me find the new call sign and address of an old friend that was my neighbor in 1962 in Mission,Kansas. I could not of gotten the information without him. THANKS PETE!!

KE9N Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2014 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had lost track of when I received my novice call sign, and asked for the help of Pete. He responded within 24 hrs. and had the information I needed. Pete did the work in just a few hours, what would have taken me months. Thanks Pete!

N4EO Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2014 14:44 Send this review to a friend
PROMPT RESPONSE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A friend bought a '69 Illinois auto license plate on line and it turned out to be a ham call sign plate. Turns out the plate was for his wife's '69 Chevy pickup and he was interested in ID'ing the plate's original owner. NL7XM came to the rescue in short order with info out of a '65 Call Book.

N1IDN Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2014 09:02 Send this review to a friend
Fast  Time owned: months
I sent a request, did a few things and he had the info to me by the time I sat back down.

Wow! Awesome service.

W7WLL Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2014 18:53 Send this review to a friend
More Than Expected  Time owned: months
Conducting research to fill out some unknowns in a list of Tektronix ex and present ham employees that includes all foreign subsidiaries. Pete was able to extract some information on hams that were VERY early employees and who died way back. Only through call books that I did not have could we have found the data needed. Thanks Pete, I know that the time expended was a lot. By the way, we have confirmed that more than 670 Tektronix employees had ham licenses. Don't let anyone ever say that having a license doesn't make a difference in being hired into a high tech electronics company!!

KA9KUI Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2014 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete to help me with verification of my original Technician class back in 1983. His response was nothing short of amazing. In less than 24 hours he had located the information. Pete even assisted in helping me sign up with eHam. I will certainly recommend Pete to anyone needing historical call sign information.