Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 322 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KK6MD Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2016 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Pete confirmed an old acquaintance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was first licensed at age 14, many years ago. I met a local ham on the air, and my dad took me to visit him. When he answered the door, I was shocked to learn that he was blind. He'd never mentioned it, and he had no reason to do so. As a young man, it was a valuable learning experience about overcoming disabilities. All these years later, I still remember that ham and his call sign (which has since been acquired as a vanity call by someone else), but I couldn't remember his name. Pete did a search for me and gave me the answer.
WB2HJQ Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 06:35 Send this review to a friend
mystory solved  Time owned: months
Through a member of our club (WN3LIF),Pete contacted me with the answer to my quest of "who had my calls before me". When I was given the calls, many years ago, other hams said that my call was previously assigned, because it was out of sequence. Without me even asking Pete e-mailed me the answer in no time flat.
N5IJY Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2016 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: months
I had been wanting this information for quite sometime. I sent Pete an email and he responded to my request very promptly with everything I was looking for
I am so thankful that someone takes an interest in the older history like Pete.
I was just as prompt in sending him a nice gratuity for his efforts. Please don't forget to send him something for his time and work.
KM4TPI Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Special Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best and highest quality of service I could imagine. Wonderful follow-up to insure satisfaction. Pete delivers a very special service for those of us who could not find any information on our old licenses. He went back 60 years to dig up one of my call signs.
K8KVN Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2016 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I saw this source of information on eham and, not having any other record of my Novice license, decided to find out for sure when it was issued. Turns out it was a year earlier than I thought. Pete found it in 1967.

In this day of instant internet gratification, it is great to know that someone is keeping the history of things that aren't online alive.

Kudos to Pete.
WA4DZW Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Call sign research  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete answered a question that I had had for at least two years in about three days! Very timely and accurate. Please be sure to PayPal him a couple of bucks; he puts a lot of time and effort into this and it is worth it to all of us. Somebody needs to archive this info and even the FCC apparently doesn't! Cheers!
Rich Ervin, WA4DZW
WB8KRY Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2016 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Very good service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Contacted Pete and he sent the info I requested on being first licensed. Also sent the Certified Authentic Reproduction of the callbook page so I have a record of it. Well worth it.
KN1SIX Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2016 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Pete and email and got a response within hours.
I highly recommend Pete!
KG5KOG Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2016 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Finally have a name  Time owned: months
Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia. 1960. At the time I was 9 years old. Had an AM transceiver kit I could not get working. So long ago, but even though I had forgotten his his name, always have remembered that meeting with the HAM that fixed it.

Never knew where to start till I mentioned to another HAM about wanting to find the man.
Was given twelvevoltsdc email, so sent an email off to him with the story of how/when/why I meet this HAM.

A couple of weeks later, I received an email back.
In it was the exact info I had been wanting to find for so long.

Mr Swann is now SK, if only I had of known about twelvevoltsdc and started my search earlier.

Thank you Pete for what you have done.

AC2RU Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2016 12:07 Send this review to a friend
NL7XM got me back on the air quickly and easily  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I highly recommend NL7XM Callsign Historical Research service. He provided me with FCC accepted documentation that gave me a simple easy way to get back on the are after over 45 years of inactivity.
Within a week of receiving NL7XM's documentation proving that I had held an expired General class license I was back on the air. All that was required was to present the documentation to a VE and pass the written Technician test and my General class privileges were restored! Thanks NL7XM for a great service!