Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 330 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KB4RWA Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2016 08:32 Send this review to a friend
Great service Pete keeps you updated via email.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Kb4rwa Hal Drody

I discovered Pete an his service through search on the internet how to grandfather your old call sign via eham an Arrl.

An followed the requirements, that the Vec an Fcc would accept information from old call books.

I forwarded the information of my old call sign, an address an year when it was approximately issued. to Pete via email, an he returned back to me with in three hours. Stating that he could help, an he had the information that I was looking for to upgrade me from technician to general License from the old call book.

I had the documentation with in a week to substantiate the upgrade to the Vec an Fcc’s satisfaction.
The vec reviewed The info Pete sent showing the page of the old call book, an I was upgraded to a General class license on 08-22-2016 with out any problem.

I thank Pete for his out standing service an deeply appreciate his research efforts that he provides to the amateur radio community.

N9AKF Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2016 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Find my first license date  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete found my original novice call sign and month/year issued just in time for my 40th year ham radio anniversary. I'd tried other methods to find this info without success. I should have asked Pete first. Quick and easy for me. Pete gets my highest recommendation.

K2PM Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2016 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Useful service for MANY reasons  Time owned: more than 12 months
I knew Pete thru DLARC and QCWA for a while (both members) before I knew he hade this service. One night I was telling him about operating from Germany, and DL5XU (VE1XU)came up. See 12/9/2013. What a pleasant surprise! Recently I started thinking about my own call. I forgot when I got it. I thought it was 1975.(It wasn't that important to me back then.) I DID remember that it was the first wave of the new program, and I had my Extra since 1970, so I pretty much had first choice of calls, so I picked my initials.
Yesterday, I asked him if any one else ever held this call. Today he gave me the answer, and corrected the year to 1978! The thing that occurred to me is that Pete would be an excellent source of factuality, not that hams would EVER try to embellish their statistics among the fraternity! Great service Pete. Keep up the good work.

PM

N8BLP Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2016 17:08 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I FOUND OUT ABOUT PETE @ THE DAYTON HAMFEST THIS YEAR. HE SURE DOES OFFER A REMARKABLE SERVICE AND HE WAS FAST GETTING ME THE INFO I WAS LOOKING FOR.

K3WR Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2016 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Research  Time owned: months
I received my novice call, WN3DOB, in the mid-70's, but could not recall the timeline. Mr. Varounis' research in old call books nailed it down to September 1976. The call did not last long as the FCC did away with the WN prefix and re-issued a new prefix, which changed my call to WB3DOB. No matter, as I earned my call and was happy to get on the air using CW privileges at 5 wpm.

Thanks again for digging through your old call books looking for my original call.

N0JS Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2016 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Great job.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
He has the information that I Was looking for. Great job!

KK6IPK Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2016 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Thanks!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My earliest memory of amateur radio was seeing my late uncle's gear many years ago. He lived a few hundred miles away. It wasn't much of an introduction but it was enough to spark the curiosity which eventually led me to get my license. I knew his call was on his license plate but that was literally all I could remember. After several internet searches I saw Bob Heil mention Pete on Ham Nation. Pete helped me recover my uncle's call sign and many lost memories. I really appreciate the quick work he made of the research and the excellent quality of the copies he sent. They have become a permanent feature of my station, visible just under the glass at my operating position.

W7EKB Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2016 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete to find some information on my own call, and that of one of my Elmers, which I had forgotten. Pete came through for me with more than flying colors. I was astounded at both how quickly he found this information and how fast he sent it. It was very well worth every penny I sent to Pete, and I would gladly do it again if I had to. I highly recommend him and his services to anyone who wants to know the history of his own call, or that of any other. I was first licensed in October of 1956 while I was still 14 years old. I have held this call ever since. My call had one previous owner which that person received in 1934. This is a very hearty "Thank You" to Pete. vy 73,

KK6MD Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2016 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Pete confirmed an old acquaintance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was first licensed at age 14, many years ago. I met a local ham on the air, and my dad took me to visit him. When he answered the door, I was shocked to learn that he was blind. He'd never mentioned it, and he had no reason to do so. As a young man, it was a valuable learning experience about overcoming disabilities. All these years later, I still remember that ham and his call sign (which has since been acquired as a vanity call by someone else), but I couldn't remember his name. Pete did a search for me and gave me the answer.

WB2HJQ Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 06:35 Send this review to a friend
mystory solved  Time owned: months
Through a member of our club (WN3LIF),Pete contacted me with the answer to my quest of "who had my calls before me". When I was given the calls, many years ago, other hams said that my call was previously assigned, because it was out of sequence. Without me even asking Pete e-mailed me the answer in no time flat.
TNX