Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 336 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

W9KX Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2017 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Service to the Ham Community  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few days ago, on my birthday, I received an e-mail from Pete. Pete obtained my birthday date from QCWA. Pete’s e-mail also contained a photo of an 80 year old QSL card showing my call. The QSL card is now hanging on the wall of my shack!! I asked Pete two questions and he answered them within minutes. What Pete is doing for us hams… is a labor of love!

W0RQZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2017 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Super Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I probably gave Pete the most extensive research project he has ever encountered - I moved a great deal over my work lifetime and I gave him all my old addresses - I wanted a list of all my old call signs although I only had a few - Pete was able to retrieve all of them with just a few clues - my hat's off to him

KX4R Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2017 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Historical Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to Pete's diligent work , I was able to get
accurate historical information concerning some of the pioneer ham operators in North Georgia. Confirmation was received of their early ties to the ARRL and Hiram Percy Maxim , complete with pertinent dates of licensing and even a great historical photo!
Thanks so much for your great service , Pete !

K3DS Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2016 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: months
This is a very useful service for historical look ups of old call signs. I was able to document the dates for two former club call signs.

WV1B Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2016 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Service to the Ham Community  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Pete’s callsign research service is quick, reliable and extremely reasonable. Pete’s service fills the gap where FCC recordkeeping has been lost. I contacted Pete with a query and he quickly found the data. Thanks to Pete’s dedication to the amateur community once” lost” callsign history can be found.

NEWB Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 21:27 Send this review to a friend
NL7XM Wins Over FCC  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I contacted the FCC trying to find my callsign when I was a Novice back in the early 60's. FCC wrote me back stating they had no callsign records prior to 1964.

In comes "Pete the Greek", Callsign Historical Research Specialist. Wow, it took Pete awhile to find me, but in the end, he came through like the troops on D-Day.

Pete has a collection of Radio Amateur CallBooks that date back to the "beginning of time". Bam, there I was in the Winter of 1962 CallBook!

Not only did Pete do a fabulous job, but gave me some sound radio advice as well. This has led me to being active in the Quarter Century Wireless Association (QCWA) and getting up to speed in today's amateur radio community.

KB4RWA Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2016 08:32 Send this review to a friend
Great service Pete keeps you updated via email.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Kb4rwa Hal Drody

I discovered Pete an his service through search on the internet how to grandfather your old call sign via eham an Arrl.

An followed the requirements, that the Vec an Fcc would accept information from old call books.

I forwarded the information of my old call sign, an address an year when it was approximately issued. to Pete via email, an he returned back to me with in three hours. Stating that he could help, an he had the information that I was looking for to upgrade me from technician to general License from the old call book.

I had the documentation with in a week to substantiate the upgrade to the Vec an Fcc’s satisfaction.
The vec reviewed The info Pete sent showing the page of the old call book, an I was upgraded to a General class license on 08-22-2016 with out any problem.

I thank Pete for his out standing service an deeply appreciate his research efforts that he provides to the amateur radio community.

N9AKF Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2016 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Find my first license date  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete found my original novice call sign and month/year issued just in time for my 40th year ham radio anniversary. I'd tried other methods to find this info without success. I should have asked Pete first. Quick and easy for me. Pete gets my highest recommendation.

K2PM Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2016 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Useful service for MANY reasons  Time owned: more than 12 months
I knew Pete thru DLARC and QCWA for a while (both members) before I knew he hade this service. One night I was telling him about operating from Germany, and DL5XU (VE1XU)came up. See 12/9/2013. What a pleasant surprise! Recently I started thinking about my own call. I forgot when I got it. I thought it was 1975.(It wasn't that important to me back then.) I DID remember that it was the first wave of the new program, and I had my Extra since 1970, so I pretty much had first choice of calls, so I picked my initials.
Yesterday, I asked him if any one else ever held this call. Today he gave me the answer, and corrected the year to 1978! The thing that occurred to me is that Pete would be an excellent source of factuality, not that hams would EVER try to embellish their statistics among the fraternity! Great service Pete. Keep up the good work.

PM

N8BLP Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2016 17:08 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I FOUND OUT ABOUT PETE @ THE DAYTON HAMFEST THIS YEAR. HE SURE DOES OFFER A REMARKABLE SERVICE AND HE WAS FAST GETTING ME THE INFO I WAS LOOKING FOR.