Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 313 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

AC2RU Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2016 12:07 Send this review to a friend
NL7XM got me back on the air quickly and easily  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I highly recommend NL7XM Callsign Historical Research service. He provided me with FCC accepted documentation that gave me a simple easy way to get back on the are after over 45 years of inactivity.
Within a week of receiving NL7XM's documentation proving that I had held an expired General class license I was back on the air. All that was required was to present the documentation to a VE and pass the written Technician test and my General class privileges were restored! Thanks NL7XM for a great service!

WA8SYQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2016 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Awesome job researching my amateur radio licensing history.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete did an awesome job researching the dates of my amateur radio licensing history. Using his huge supply of old amateur radio call books, Pete was able to supply me with my licensing history within a window of 2-3 months.

Novice -----> General ---> Advanced ---> Amateur Extra
WN8SYQ__WA8SYQ____WA8SYQ_______WA8SYQ
Spring_____Winter______Summer_________Winter
1966_______1967________1975___________2014

I could not find any other service or online information to get this information, Pete's a great guy and has helped me and many other hams recall their amateur radio history thanks Pete!

WB1DXD Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2016 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Pete provides a great license research service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thank you Pete for all you do to research the historical license information you have. I appreciate that you are the only one with permission from the publisher to take the time and effort you give. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
Jim WB1DXD

N4BOS Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2015 09:03 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete with a request to find my original license date. It took a bit for him to get back to me (he's a busy man!!) but he did and provided information on my original license date. I have since found my original paper log book (remember those?) and confirmed his information. All Pete asked was that I put a review on eHam so here it is!

I don't mind saying I also made a "donation" to him for the service.

GOOD guy and excellent service.m It just doesn't get any better than that in our HAM world.

Steve
N4BOS

W4DSN Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2015 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Found my 53 year old call sign  Time owned: months
Pete did an amazing job! I could not remember the exact year I got my license. I knew it was sometime in the 1962-4 time frame. I searched the FCC database and did a deep Google scan. No dice.

So I shot Pete an email. Today, I got my answer back. I was first licensed between March and May, 1962. He had the correct address, which validated his response.

Great work Pete, I really appreciate your effort. It is good to know that someone is collecting this part of amateur radio history.

Thanks!

K5KTF Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2015 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Still has the magic touch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Trying to talk my buddy into getting his ticket again. He had gotten one back in the mid '60's when you had a year to upgrade from novice or you lose it (he didnt upgrade). He couldnt remember his call, and my curiosity got the best of me, so I called upon Pete again (He found my wife's grandfather's call a couple years ago for us, which is now hers). WN5PQG. No wonder he forgot it (thats a rough one!) :-)

Pete worked his magic again and came up with it within a day.

Thanks again Pete! de K5KTF

W5EJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
A Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I happened to run across a review for Pete's service and it got me to wondering about my own original callsign. I was first licensed in the 1970's but could not recall the original date or year. A quick email to Pete and I had the answer within 24 hours. Answered a question I have had in the back of my mind for years. Many thanks Pete!

W8WAM Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2015 11:14 Send this review to a friend
GOOD GUY TO DEAL WITH  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my Vanity call for several years. I saw a review here on eHan.net about Pete`s service.
I am sure glad I made the contact.
Pet`s service nothing but first class. I would recomend him to anyone. TNX. Pete

Robin Madden w8wam

W5KNE Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2015 06:06 Send this review to a friend
Looking for former call holder  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the call W5KNE since 1955 and wondered who had the call before me. Every time I found an old callbook I would look for W5KNE. No luck. I asked Pete for assistance and he responded quickly with the name and address of the only other W5KNE!

N7DMA Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Pete was able to find out the name and cal lof my elmer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my novice ticket in 1975, and have had many calls over the past 40 years. I remember the details of each different call, but one thing I could never remember the name and call of the ham who gave me my novice test.

This past Friday, I was browsing eHam, and came across these reviews of Pete, and thought, why not ask him. So, I sent an email to him, asking if he could help me. He responded with an email, asking for my elmers address, and since I knew where my elmer lived, I sent him the address.

This evening, a little over 24 hours from my request, he responded with the name and call of my elmer, William D. Queen, K7HDV, and informed me that he is now a silent key. Just the mention of Bill's name jogged my memory, and a question that haunted me for years was answered.

Thanks Pete! Makes me proud to know that a fellow QCWA member is out there to help!

Karl