Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 324 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

N7DMA Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Pete was able to find out the name and cal lof my elmer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my novice ticket in 1975, and have had many calls over the past 40 years. I remember the details of each different call, but one thing I could never remember the name and call of the ham who gave me my novice test.

This past Friday, I was browsing eHam, and came across these reviews of Pete, and thought, why not ask him. So, I sent an email to him, asking if he could help me. He responded with an email, asking for my elmers address, and since I knew where my elmer lived, I sent him the address.

This evening, a little over 24 hours from my request, he responded with the name and call of my elmer, William D. Queen, K7HDV, and informed me that he is now a silent key. Just the mention of Bill's name jogged my memory, and a question that haunted me for years was answered.

Thanks Pete! Makes me proud to know that a fellow QCWA member is out there to help!

Karl
N7DMA

WH7H Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 12:05 Send this review to a friend
The BEST Historical Data EVER!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few years ago I went on-line and found a different License History service - and they told me I was first licensed in 1986. I knew that was wrong, but they insisted that's as far back as my license appeared in the Call Book. I didn't think it was correct but couldn't contradict it so I just let it go. FAST FORWARD to today . . . I found Pete the Greek mentioned in January 2015 CQ Magazine. It said he has the MOST extensive historical collection of Call Books so I decided to give him a try. WOW - as I had always believed, I was first licensed in 1970! Pete was fast, responsive and most of all ACCURATE! And he has this really beautiful License Historical Document which I bought for only $!4 proudly memorializing my first license. Thanks Pete! It may sound a little funny but this was very important for me and YOU are the ONLY source!

Many 73's
Nick
WH7H

KC5U Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2015 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I requested information on the issue dates of two former callsigns and my present one. Pete got back to me in less that one day with all the info requested and with greater specificity than I expected. Very much appreciate what he is doing. Thank you Pete!!

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2015 13:31 Send this review to a friend
LOST MY HISTORY  Time owned: more than 12 months
THANK YOU GL. TELL THE XYL YOU ARE DOING A SERVICE FOR OLD OLD HAMSTERS THAT CAN'T REMEMBER MUCH.
WHAT A GUY. 24 HOURS AND I HAD MY ANSWER. T U 73'S HANK W0CZE

NX8Y Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2015 07:46 Send this review to a friend
Novice License issue year  Time owned: months
I had read about Pete's service here so I sent him a request for the issue year of my Novice License. A buddy and I were licensed the same year and our "old" memories didn't agree. Four days after sending the email, Pete courteously responded with the info. He provides a great service and is highly recommended.

KZ5AJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Pete is a life saver.  Time owned: months
Pete sent me documentation for both my original call sign, WB5GTV, and for KZ5AJ, my old Canal Zone call sign. He was very quick with both requests and answered all my questions promptly. He provides a prompt and valuable service to all us old timers who should have known better than to let ou licenses expire.

Henry, AG5BJ
Ex WB5GTV, HS2AKS, KZ5AJ, HP1XGT

KK4QQC Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2015 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Pete's archive service is very useful accurate and quick  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete provides a very useful service in a friendly, accurate and prompt manner. The VE's accepted the call sign certification he provided without hesitation which allowed me to upgrade my license.

KA5IJZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2015 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch Ham Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am pleasantly overwhelmed by the ability of the NL7XM (Pete) Callsign Historical Research service. Until now, my Novice callsign circa 1980 was not in any database anywhere and it appeared like I didn't exist as a novice. Guess who found all of my licensing and upgrade and callsign details? Pete. I went a step further and purchased his specialized certified/signed copy of my stats right out of the 1980 call book. It's a beautiful, framable, document that only a Ham would appreciate. I highly recommend this source for your special and historical callsign needs. AAAA+ in my book. Way appreciated from novice callsign KA5IJZ

KE5KDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2015 16:49 Send this review to a friend
Pleasure to deal with  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete is so easy to deal with. He quickly researched and completed my request for my novice call sign documentation from 56 years ago! Copy was very nice and the gold certificate of authenticity certainly adds a very professional touch. And added benefit for me was as I scanned the call book listing I found the name and call sign of my best friend from that time who I had long forgotten.
Thanks again Pete for helping the ham family.
Bob

RFRY Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very accommodating service. Rushed my verification to be ready for an exam to be given in less than one week.