Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 253 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KB1AMG Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2014 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: months
I contacted Pete by e-mail looking for my Dad's old call. He was first a novice in the 70's but I couldn't remember his call. Much later he was licensed and was active on the air for about 20 years. Now that he's a silent key, I want to take that old novice call as my own. Pete's response was prompt and I found him a real gentleman to communicate with.

WA1DCP Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a great service to the ham community by using his collection of Callbooks to research original license dates.When I was 14 I had a elmer and by the time I was 17 lost all contact and track of him. All I could remember was his call as it was the first call I ever heard K1HNT . I Bought some callbooks from the very early 1970's but he wasn't in them. Pete located his call and got me the info , as well as when my call first appeared. Thanks for the help and a great service.
Port

W5KNE Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2014 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I collect old and interesting QSL cards and research the operators. I am comfortable with Google and can find quite a bit about the operators, but I need to know the calls they have had. I have 3 post-WWII Callbooks, which is just not enough to handle the task. I turned to Pete for help. He digs deep and often finds more than I expected. He remembers previous requests and often finds an elusive callsign when looking for something else. Thanks Pete.

W3ZT Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Pete was very helpful and friendly in researching an old call.  Time owned: months
Although I have a number of old callbooks from the 30"s, 40's and 50's I needed to research a call that was issued briefly in late 1940 and early 1941. I did not have the callbooks that I required. Pete was able to help me with the information that I've been trying to find for a number of years. He was very friendly and helpful and I would recommend his service to anyone who needs to research an old callsign.

N0DZQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 12:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Four hours is all it took for Pete to locate the information concerning my Novice Ticket. All I can say is... UNBEDAMNEDLEIVABLE!

Many thanks,

John
N0DZQ

W1MIV Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Lost my old Novice call from the 50's.. Pete found it!!  Time owned: months
Pete is AWESOME!!! I highly recomnd anyone searching an apparent impossible task of finding an old callsign. I was first licensed back in Sept?Oct 1959. I thought it was mid 50's, but Pete found it. Quickly, as well I mught add. He is a true asset to his craft and much appreciated. I was first KN1MCA, then WB1AGA, now W1MIV, my Dads old Call... He was before that, NU2BAQ back in the 20's.

Thanks again, Pete.

73's
Skip
W1MIV

KD8RML Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There could not be any service easier or faster for finding "old" call sign information. Pete has dedicated himself to a wonderful service for many people. I contacted him about my great grandfathers call sign, who went SK a month before I was born, and my family couldn't recall any info on it. All I had was name and town, roughly a year. Within a week, Pete had an answer and I had the proof in the mail. Not only did he find the callsign as a novice, but also the next one issued as a technician the year later. Pete is definitely a historian, as he conversed with me about some life details of my g-grandfather that he gathered just from the callbooks. Very friendly person and I highly suggest and recommend his services to all. 73 Pete de KD8RML

W5MO Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 20:19 Send this review to a friend
Call sign research  Time owned: months
I recently asked Pete to research the previous holders of my present call (W5MO). While I knew the most recent owner (my Elmer in the 1960s), I had no idea he'd originally been issued the call in June 1931, and was actually the third person to hold the call. The call was initially issued in November 1922, and was reassigned in March 1927. Pete was able to provide names, and QTHs, for all three previous owners within 24 hours of my request. Outstanding service, and a nice guy to boot! Highly recommended ...

K5BTS Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: months
Got me the info I needed to confirm my 1960 novice year. Very quick response, very polite to communicate with. He provides a service most of us will need sooner or later. In my case, rebuilding my QSL card files, with call sign certificates, etc. as a detailed snapshot of my ham career all over the world. My very best to Pete

K3NRX Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Very Informative....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Consulted The Greek for researching the call sign that I am planning on changing mine to very soon, as I am sick of the 2x3 novice callsign length. For dxing, it hss become a burden & hinderence. Pete researched all of his call books dating back to the 50s to find that the call I wanted was never issued, including the old novice precursor call sign (that had the N in the prefix) was never issued, according to his findings. This was the info I wanted verified. Had the call I want been issued, I would carry on with my current call sign. I don't want to spend the rest of my life knowing I have someone's letters, especially someone who is deceased. Without Pete's effort, I would not have found out the info I needed to know to proceed. Thanks Pete! And Yia Sou!!!!