Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 313 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KM4NPT Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2015 14:32 Send this review to a friend
A great ambassador for Ham Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been out of ham radio since 1964. I decided to try to get back in this year. I was hoping I could somehow keep my old call sign, but I could find no reference to it in any of the FCC searches. While studying for my general exam with a Gordon West book I came across a reference to Pete. So I e-mailed him to see about getting my old call sign back, Pete got right back to me and asked if he could call me and explain the FCC rule 97.505(a) because it was too involved for an e-mail.
He called me and explained the rule and how he would help me and find my old call sign If there was a record of it anywhere. He also informed me I probably would not have to take the element 3 test again.
He researched and found me in a "Radio Amateur Callbook magazine from 1967. And sent me a certified copy of the pages with my info. WOW! Also instructions on what to do with the paper work.
Besides being a very valuable asset to hams Pete is a great ambassador for ham and radio and what is good about the hobby.
After realizing how much had changed in amateur radio since 1962 I decided to study and take the element 2 and 3 tests and have passed and am wanting for my name to show up on the FCC database.
Thank you Pete the Greek for your caring service.

N3YNT Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2015 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Great resource  Time owned: months
I rated this service as a 5 because Pete's service was excellent. I had received my novice license in 1968. Pete was able to verify this from his research. He also researched and found a record of my Elmer. It was great to receive copies of call book pages from the late 1960's showing my original call as well as that of my Elmer. Thanks Pete!

K8IYO Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Very Imformative!  Time owned: months
I grew up with my father operating ham radio ever since I was born. All through the years I had absolutely no interest in the hobby until a few years after he'd passed away. I was very fortunate that his call sign was still available so I immediately applied for it. Until now, I had no evidence as to when my father actually received his original call sign back in 1958 until Pete was able to confirm the date when Dad received his Technician license. Thank you, Pete!

W6UDO Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2015 16:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Read a short piece about Pete in the Oct. 15 QST and immediately e-mailed him for info about an old friend/Elmer whom I'd been researching for years with no luck. He came thru right away with the info I'd wanted, as well as some extra on a couple ham organizations I'd been interested in!
Great guy and a great service he provides for us!!
Mni tnx and very 73, Pete...Joe, w6udo

K7GA Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2015 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: months
Are you kidding me? Pete is a diamond in the rough - a good example of all that is good in ham radio. I queried him after discovering him on eHam - asked about the history of my new call issued in 1976 after acquiring an Extra Class license at the Seattle FCC Office. In those days you had the option of requesting a 1X2 callsign and put down three choices. Pete informed me my K7GA callsign had never been issued - absolutely amazing since they (according to Pete) started issuing K7xx calls on Alaska in 1931. It was continually passed over until I got it. How can you put a price on that kind of research and info? This man deserves an article in QST at the very least. I'm indebted beyond words.

N4MB Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2015 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Unique, Useful and Accurate!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Looked me up, setled my own memory about exactly when I was licensed. Great service, thoroughly answered my questions. Thanks, Pete!

W8LWX Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2015 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Somebody, give this man a medal!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I talked my mother into studying for her Tech test, tempting her by saying she might actually be able to get her old callsign back (she was a Novice in 1960 or 1961 - she wasn't sure). So I wanted to get some evidence of her having that old call.

I found out about Pete-NL7XM from this website and sent him an e-mail at 20:18 on 08/29/15. He responded at 01:19 on 08/30/15, confirming that he had found the record I wanted. I mailed him a check on 08/31/15.

Today is 09/03/15 and I'm holding a certified copy of the relevant page from a 1961 Radio Amateur Callbook Magazine, listing my mom and her call. It arrived in this morning's mail.

Pete is performing an incredibly valuable service for his fellow hams. Thank you, Pete!

KE7FD Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2015 05:51 Send this review to a friend
Blast from the past  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete's service is totally groovy man, peachy keen and nifty in the way he was able to rewind the way-back clock to find my Novice callsign the first time it appeared in the Callbook! We corresponded back and forth a few times and I've concluded that Pete is very thorough in the service he provides. He not only provides links to the past but can fill in gaping holes. Pete, thank you!

Glen - KE7FD

N3CMH Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2015 15:55 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: months
Pete did a great job in locating my OLD callsign from over 45 years ago. Way to go Pete!!!

THANKS!

KM4MJZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2015 20:56 Send this review to a friend
pete's assist in documintig an expired licesnse  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
after being referred to "PETE THE GREEK" late in the evening of this aug by gordan west the nite before a technician test was being held the next day. I emailed pete, i wanted to know if i would have to pass the technician test to be able to grandfather an expired general class license i held years ago. I also i ask if could pete help me document that license. His response was immediate that same late evening informing me that he could provide the documentation and advise me i needed to take the technician test to be able to take advantage of the grandfather clause. Pete said that he had the documentation i needed to grandfather to general class if i passed the technician test an was sending to me by 1st mail. I recieved it, passed the tech test an presented to the VE'S at a hamfest and have been grandfathered to general class all in the month of august. I just can't think of anything more he could have done to assist me getting back on the air in such a timely manner and i'm forever indebted to him as i had no clue how to proceed. If you gave 10 stars i would agree wholeheartedly. KM4MJZ ex K4CXS 1st license 1958