Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 256 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KG6STS Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2014 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Good service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have my Grandfather (W9IRA) station log from April 25 1949 - March 22, 1950. There are other logs held by my extended family I am trying to locate.

KC5FM Rating: 4/5 Mar 25, 2014 09:14 Send this review to a friend
W5KLH  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W5KLH was my mentor, back in the day.

I could not remember his callsign. NL7XM had my memory served within hours of the request.

Thanks to the QCWA for referring me to him.

He got a four from me because only God gets fives and I could not give 4.98.

WA9PWP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 13:55 Send this review to a friend
excellent service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete "The Greek"s response and service are quick, and not costly. Highly recommended!

KB1AMG Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2014 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: months
I contacted Pete by e-mail looking for my Dad's old call. He was first a novice in the 70's but I couldn't remember his call. Much later he was licensed and was active on the air for about 20 years. Now that he's a silent key, I want to take that old novice call as my own. Pete's response was prompt and I found him a real gentleman to communicate with.

WA1DCP Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a great service to the ham community by using his collection of Callbooks to research original license dates.When I was 14 I had a elmer and by the time I was 17 lost all contact and track of him. All I could remember was his call as it was the first call I ever heard K1HNT . I Bought some callbooks from the very early 1970's but he wasn't in them. Pete located his call and got me the info , as well as when my call first appeared. Thanks for the help and a great service.
Port

W5KNE Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2014 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I collect old and interesting QSL cards and research the operators. I am comfortable with Google and can find quite a bit about the operators, but I need to know the calls they have had. I have 3 post-WWII Callbooks, which is just not enough to handle the task. I turned to Pete for help. He digs deep and often finds more than I expected. He remembers previous requests and often finds an elusive callsign when looking for something else. Thanks Pete.

W3ZT Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Pete was very helpful and friendly in researching an old call.  Time owned: months
Although I have a number of old callbooks from the 30"s, 40's and 50's I needed to research a call that was issued briefly in late 1940 and early 1941. I did not have the callbooks that I required. Pete was able to help me with the information that I've been trying to find for a number of years. He was very friendly and helpful and I would recommend his service to anyone who needs to research an old callsign.

N0DZQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 12:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Four hours is all it took for Pete to locate the information concerning my Novice Ticket. All I can say is... UNBEDAMNEDLEIVABLE!

Many thanks,

John
N0DZQ

W1MIV Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Lost my old Novice call from the 50's.. Pete found it!!  Time owned: months
Pete is AWESOME!!! I highly recomnd anyone searching an apparent impossible task of finding an old callsign. I was first licensed back in Sept?Oct 1959. I thought it was mid 50's, but Pete found it. Quickly, as well I mught add. He is a true asset to his craft and much appreciated. I was first KN1MCA, then WB1AGA, now W1MIV, my Dads old Call... He was before that, NU2BAQ back in the 20's.

Thanks again, Pete.

73's
Skip
W1MIV

KD8RML Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There could not be any service easier or faster for finding "old" call sign information. Pete has dedicated himself to a wonderful service for many people. I contacted him about my great grandfathers call sign, who went SK a month before I was born, and my family couldn't recall any info on it. All I had was name and town, roughly a year. Within a week, Pete had an answer and I had the proof in the mail. Not only did he find the callsign as a novice, but also the next one issued as a technician the year later. Pete is definitely a historian, as he conversed with me about some life details of my g-grandfather that he gathered just from the callbooks. Very friendly person and I highly suggest and recommend his services to all. 73 Pete de KD8RML