Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 319 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

KZ5AJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2015 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Pete is a life saver.  Time owned: months
Pete sent me documentation for both my original call sign, WB5GTV, and for KZ5AJ, my old Canal Zone call sign. He was very quick with both requests and answered all my questions promptly. He provides a prompt and valuable service to all us old timers who should have known better than to let ou licenses expire.

Henry, AG5BJ
Ex WB5GTV, HS2AKS, KZ5AJ, HP1XGT

KK4QQC Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2015 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Pete's archive service is very useful accurate and quick  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete provides a very useful service in a friendly, accurate and prompt manner. The VE's accepted the call sign certification he provided without hesitation which allowed me to upgrade my license.

KA5IJZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2015 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch Ham Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am pleasantly overwhelmed by the ability of the NL7XM (Pete) Callsign Historical Research service. Until now, my Novice callsign circa 1980 was not in any database anywhere and it appeared like I didn't exist as a novice. Guess who found all of my licensing and upgrade and callsign details? Pete. I went a step further and purchased his specialized certified/signed copy of my stats right out of the 1980 call book. It's a beautiful, framable, document that only a Ham would appreciate. I highly recommend this source for your special and historical callsign needs. AAAA+ in my book. Way appreciated from novice callsign KA5IJZ

KE5KDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2015 16:49 Send this review to a friend
Pleasure to deal with  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete is so easy to deal with. He quickly researched and completed my request for my novice call sign documentation from 56 years ago! Copy was very nice and the gold certificate of authenticity certainly adds a very professional touch. And added benefit for me was as I scanned the call book listing I found the name and call sign of my best friend from that time who I had long forgotten.
Thanks again Pete for helping the ham family.
Bob

RFRY Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2015 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very accommodating service. Rushed my verification to be ready for an exam to be given in less than one week.

AE7TD Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2015 10:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent customer service  Time owned: months
Just imagine the situation.

It is late Sunday evening. You are the a VE team liaison and a candidate contacts you trying to get element credit for an expired General license almost 40 years ago. I sent an email off to Pete and within 2 hours we had passed information back and forth several times and by 8 am the next day, I had received scanned images of the candidate’s 1980 call book entry matching the ARRL guidelines.

Besides the obvious speedy excellent service (and over the weekend), Thank You Pete, it was reassuring that Pete knows his business with regards the *uses* of his service as well. It turns out that the candidate actually had a Conditional license; not a General license (something the candidate either did not know, or had forgotten, or did not know that it was important. This means that Pete also had to research and copy just the right call book entry that was needed, i.e. if too early, the entry would have been a Conditional; and too late the candidate’s expired license disappeared from the call book entirely. Pete knew the situation right off – I am sure that I had contact one of the other call book services that I would have had to deal with the situation myself (with all of the resulting delays).

I strongly recommend Pete’s services for other VE liaison’s looking to get the required documentation on expired and pre-1987 candidate’s license. Just excellent work!

Dave, AE7TD

KM4NPT Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2015 14:32 Send this review to a friend
A great ambassador for Ham Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been out of ham radio since 1964. I decided to try to get back in this year. I was hoping I could somehow keep my old call sign, but I could find no reference to it in any of the FCC searches. While studying for my general exam with a Gordon West book I came across a reference to Pete. So I e-mailed him to see about getting my old call sign back, Pete got right back to me and asked if he could call me and explain the FCC rule 97.505(a) because it was too involved for an e-mail.
He called me and explained the rule and how he would help me and find my old call sign If there was a record of it anywhere. He also informed me I probably would not have to take the element 3 test again.
He researched and found me in a "Radio Amateur Callbook magazine from 1967. And sent me a certified copy of the pages with my info. WOW! Also instructions on what to do with the paper work.
Besides being a very valuable asset to hams Pete is a great ambassador for ham and radio and what is good about the hobby.
After realizing how much had changed in amateur radio since 1962 I decided to study and take the element 2 and 3 tests and have passed and am wanting for my name to show up on the FCC database.
Thank you Pete the Greek for your caring service.

N3YNT Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2015 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Great resource  Time owned: months
I rated this service as a 5 because Pete's service was excellent. I had received my novice license in 1968. Pete was able to verify this from his research. He also researched and found a record of my Elmer. It was great to receive copies of call book pages from the late 1960's showing my original call as well as that of my Elmer. Thanks Pete!

K8IYO Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Very Imformative!  Time owned: months
I grew up with my father operating ham radio ever since I was born. All through the years I had absolutely no interest in the hobby until a few years after he'd passed away. I was very fortunate that his call sign was still available so I immediately applied for it. Until now, I had no evidence as to when my father actually received his original call sign back in 1958 until Pete was able to confirm the date when Dad received his Technician license. Thank you, Pete!

W6UDO Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2015 16:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Read a short piece about Pete in the Oct. 15 QST and immediately e-mailed him for info about an old friend/Elmer whom I'd been researching for years with no luck. He came thru right away with the info I'd wanted, as well as some extra on a couple ham organizations I'd been interested in!
Great guy and a great service he provides for us!!
Mni tnx and very 73, Pete...Joe, w6udo