Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 246 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

K5BTS Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: months
Got me the info I needed to confirm my 1960 novice year. Very quick response, very polite to communicate with. He provides a service most of us will need sooner or later. In my case, rebuilding my QSL card files, with call sign certificates, etc. as a detailed snapshot of my ham career all over the world. My very best to Pete

K3NRX Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Very Informative....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Consulted The Greek for researching the call sign that I am planning on changing mine to very soon, as I am sick of the 2x3 novice callsign length. For dxing, it hss become a burden & hinderence. Pete researched all of his call books dating back to the 50s to find that the call I wanted was never issued, including the old novice precursor call sign (that had the N in the prefix) was never issued, according to his findings. This was the info I wanted verified. Had the call I want been issued, I would carry on with my current call sign. I don't want to spend the rest of my life knowing I have someone's letters, especially someone who is deceased. Without Pete's effort, I would not have found out the info I needed to know to proceed. Thanks Pete! And Yia Sou!!!!

AC0PY Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2013 19:30 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC FREE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am 64 years old, an Extra Class, I got my Novice License when I was 15 but due to numerous medical problems could not remember it and I really needed to know it. I emailed the ARRL, the FCC and some other sources before I heard about NL7XM. He found my answer extremely fast and free(donations are accepted) and he provides an additional service that is a wallhanger at a very reasonable cost. Buy the way, I still have not received an answer from the other sourses, He is a life saver dedicated great and pleasant to work with

K2PM Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2013 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Had Pete look up an old friend from our mutual time in Germany.  Time owned: months
He looked up the fellow's call, tracked it to an 8 year period of inactivity, found him again with a NEW call. He then called the man and asked him if he knew me.(which he didn't with the "new" callsign!) Then he steered me to a net that Fred was active on. The next night I checked in to the net with DL4PM and he started laughing. We reminisced and reviewed old times. That was quite a thrill, and probably would not have happened without NL7XM. Good job, Pete! We thank you!
K2PM

W4KBX Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2013 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Pete is Amazing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete the Greek, NL7XM, creator of NL7XM Callsign Historical Research, can change your life in one phone call. I asked him about the chances of my old long-expired Technician license being grandfathered back to life and he delighted me with the most encouraging and enjoyable telephone conversation I can remember. He didn't have great news because of a technicality that denied me the easy route back, but his enthusiasm for ham radio and his knowledge of the hobby past, present, and future was pure delight. It was a like chatting with Hiram Percy Maxim himself. Well,

When he called, I expected no more than a quick "sorry, you're done for." I'd found about about the deadly technicality in my path. But no! Pete gave me a clear fascinating picture of what ham radio had been, what it was now, what important changes are likely ahead, and how it all impacted my return to the hobby. I came away inspired to pursue it instead of just dropping it. Pete's quite a proponent.

However this turns out for me, I will always remember Pete's kindness and all the extra-two-miles help he gave me. Ham Radio's lucky to have Pete the Greek.

W9JWC Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2013 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Very useful information provided  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete did a wonderful job with finding the callsign history for the University Amateur Radio Club for which I am the Staff Supervisor. Many students were interested in the historical part of the club and also found the definitive ARRL Sweepstakes category filler for the "check."

GREAT JOB, PETE! The students love you.

N2RLA Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Source for Callsign History  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Found out about Pete thru the grapevine.
I sent him a note requesting my "First Licensed"
date, and within 24 hours, I received an email containing my information.
Thanks Pete !!
Ex KB2KIR

K1CP Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2013 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Great source for callsign information  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete responded to my "help" request almost immediately and made it possible for me to give information to a friend about his novice license issued some 55 years ago. If you have questions about a callsign, don't hesitate to email Pete!

W7SHA Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2013 21:44 Send this review to a friend
Date lookup  Time owned: months
Pete not only found the date I received my first call sign but also the phone number of the friend I studied with. I will be forever greatful for that. We should all assist Pete so he can keep his research going.

K9DY Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2013 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Resource and FAST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been searching for any previous holders of my call sign for several years with no success. I happened across this review of NL7XM and gave him a try. I wrote Pete late one night and asked if he could assist me in researching my call sign. I was shocked to have his reply and results in my email the next morning! He sent me a nice, long email with detailed information and his findings. He was extremely helpful.

I got my call in 2000 under the vanity call program and thought it was probably recycled. However, I learned that I am the original holder of my call, which is a special feeling.

Pete maintains a vast collection of old Callbooks. Anyone who has tried to read one of these directories can appreciate how difficult they are to browse through. Pete does this as a volunteer service and does not have a set fee, but donations are accepted. It is only fair to compensate Pete for his time, as researching call signs can be very labor intensive.