Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 246 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

W2NSF Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2013 12:47 Send this review to a friend
He brought it back to life!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Pete researched my first radio club's call sign and verified it for me. No one else but he could have done it. Our current radio club's considering going back to that same location and this is valuable history for us. Thanks, Pete!

K4SHQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2013 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Quite satisfied  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently had the good fortune to run across these reviews of Pete's call sign search service. I was interested in finding my first call sign issued in 1960. I couldn't remember what it was just that it was a WV6 call for a novice. Pete was able to find it in just a few days. I found his service excellent and price reasonable.

KN4R Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2013 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Expectations Exceeded   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete with a request for WWII-era call book information and Pete responded quickly... Pete also pointed out a call sign mistake elsewhere on the web that will help me in my research. Thank you Pete!

WA3PZO Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: months
Pete took the time to research the entire history of my uncle's callsign in the '30s and 40s. A great service to the ham community.

N5AB Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2013 20:52 Send this review to a friend
amazing  Time owned: months
Pete was great at tracking down my year of first licensing.
A great service the the ham community!

KE7TPA Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2013 20:06 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All I had to go on was a mans name, and with this Pete was able to build a chronological history of this mans entire amateur radio lifespan, from 1920 to 2000. To have this information in my hands is nothing short of a miracle. Pete's work is careful, concise, and expertly done. The value I received far exceeded Pete's fairly priced service. I highly recommend this service to anyone performing any historical research. Literally, I would have been "up the creek, without a paddle", had it not been for Pete.

WA0NVT Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2013 09:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete has done a great job looking up past history for me. Its nice to know that somebody has old records. Thanks Pete

WU0F Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2013 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Efficient  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pete was able to find information on a club station call that I was not able to get out of any of the 'oldtimers'.
Thanks Pete

WB4LMK Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2013 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Team NL7XM & XYL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Many hams have patient XYL’s that put up with the incursion of equipment in the home and the auto, but I don’t know any hams that have an XYL that puts up with bookshelves of old Callbooks.

My thanks go to Pete "The Greek" / NL7XM for researching and certifying the year I was first licensed. His service was fast and professional.

My admiration and thanks go to his wife who has blessed the entire ham community by “putting up” with shelf upon shelf of old Callbooks and the time that Pete spends on providing this service.

Pete, please convey my thanks to your wife for her support in this endeavor.

Fred, WB4LMK

KM9U Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2013 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Thanks Pete!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Its great to know someone is preserving history and sharing it this way. I wanted to find the issue date of my original license and he came through speedily. Thanks Pete!