Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Help

Reviews Summary for NL7XM Callsign Historical Research
NL7XM Callsign Historical Research Reviews: 340 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free or 1.00
Description: NL7XM ("Pete the Greek") provides a wonderful service to the ham community by using his vast collection of Callbooks to research original license dates. His work is done as a service to his fellow hams (although he would accept $1.00 to defray copying and mailing costs). Keep him in mind when you have old Callbooks to dispose of. He can be reached at twelvevdc@aol.com

You can write your own review of the NL7XM Callsign Historical Research.

N4BOS Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2015 09:03 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Pete with a request to find my original license date. It took a bit for him to get back to me (he's a busy man!!) but he did and provided information on my original license date. I have since found my original paper log book (remember those?) and confirmed his information. All Pete asked was that I put a review on eHam so here it is!

I don't mind saying I also made a "donation" to him for the service.

GOOD guy and excellent service.m It just doesn't get any better than that in our HAM world.

Steve
N4BOS

W4DSN Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2015 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Found my 53 year old call sign  Time owned: months
Pete did an amazing job! I could not remember the exact year I got my license. I knew it was sometime in the 1962-4 time frame. I searched the FCC database and did a deep Google scan. No dice.

So I shot Pete an email. Today, I got my answer back. I was first licensed between March and May, 1962. He had the correct address, which validated his response.

Great work Pete, I really appreciate your effort. It is good to know that someone is collecting this part of amateur radio history.

Thanks!

K5KTF Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2015 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Still has the magic touch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Trying to talk my buddy into getting his ticket again. He had gotten one back in the mid '60's when you had a year to upgrade from novice or you lose it (he didnt upgrade). He couldnt remember his call, and my curiosity got the best of me, so I called upon Pete again (He found my wife's grandfather's call a couple years ago for us, which is now hers). WN5PQG. No wonder he forgot it (thats a rough one!) :-)

Pete worked his magic again and came up with it within a day.

Thanks again Pete! de K5KTF

W5EJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2015 18:18 Send this review to a friend
A Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I happened to run across a review for Pete's service and it got me to wondering about my own original callsign. I was first licensed in the 1970's but could not recall the original date or year. A quick email to Pete and I had the answer within 24 hours. Answered a question I have had in the back of my mind for years. Many thanks Pete!

W8WAM Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2015 11:14 Send this review to a friend
GOOD GUY TO DEAL WITH  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my Vanity call for several years. I saw a review here on eHan.net about Pete`s service.
I am sure glad I made the contact.
Pet`s service nothing but first class. I would recomend him to anyone. TNX. Pete

Robin Madden w8wam

W5KNE Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2015 06:06 Send this review to a friend
Looking for former call holder  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the call W5KNE since 1955 and wondered who had the call before me. Every time I found an old callbook I would look for W5KNE. No luck. I asked Pete for assistance and he responded quickly with the name and address of the only other W5KNE!

N7DMA Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Pete was able to find out the name and cal lof my elmer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my novice ticket in 1975, and have had many calls over the past 40 years. I remember the details of each different call, but one thing I could never remember the name and call of the ham who gave me my novice test.

This past Friday, I was browsing eHam, and came across these reviews of Pete, and thought, why not ask him. So, I sent an email to him, asking if he could help me. He responded with an email, asking for my elmers address, and since I knew where my elmer lived, I sent him the address.

This evening, a little over 24 hours from my request, he responded with the name and call of my elmer, William D. Queen, K7HDV, and informed me that he is now a silent key. Just the mention of Bill's name jogged my memory, and a question that haunted me for years was answered.

Thanks Pete! Makes me proud to know that a fellow QCWA member is out there to help!

Karl
N7DMA

WH7H Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 12:05 Send this review to a friend
The BEST Historical Data EVER!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few years ago I went on-line and found a different License History service - and they told me I was first licensed in 1986. I knew that was wrong, but they insisted that's as far back as my license appeared in the Call Book. I didn't think it was correct but couldn't contradict it so I just let it go. FAST FORWARD to today . . . I found Pete the Greek mentioned in January 2015 CQ Magazine. It said he has the MOST extensive historical collection of Call Books so I decided to give him a try. WOW - as I had always believed, I was first licensed in 1970! Pete was fast, responsive and most of all ACCURATE! And he has this really beautiful License Historical Document which I bought for only $!4 proudly memorializing my first license. Thanks Pete! It may sound a little funny but this was very important for me and YOU are the ONLY source!

Many 73's
Nick
WH7H

KC5U Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2015 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I requested information on the issue dates of two former callsigns and my present one. Pete got back to me in less that one day with all the info requested and with greater specificity than I expected. Very much appreciate what he is doing. Thank you Pete!!

W0CZE Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2015 13:31 Send this review to a friend
LOST MY HISTORY  Time owned: more than 12 months
THANK YOU GL. TELL THE XYL YOU ARE DOING A SERVICE FOR OLD OLD HAMSTERS THAT CAN'T REMEMBER MUCH.
WHAT A GUY. 24 HOURS AND I HAD MY ANSWER. T U 73'S HANK W0CZE