Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | LNR Precision EndFedz EF-80 Help

Reviews Summary for LNR Precision EndFedz EF-80
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $125.00
Description: ENDFEDZ EF-80; 80 meter end-fed dipole. Endfedz are mono band matched antennas. They do not require a tuner if trimed properly. This antenna is essentially a half-wave dipole with the feed line attached to a matchbox at the end of the wire. Deployment can be in a horizontal, vertical, inverted "L", or a sloper configuration. The EF-80 will handle 100 watts max.

You can write your own review of the LNR Precision EndFedz EF-80.

AB0RE Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2016 15:12 Send this review to a friend
I'm impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm currently staying in a rental quadplex and don't have the ability to run feedline across the back lot, so I thought I'd give the EF-80 from LNR Precision a try. EFHW antennas have their limitations, but sometimes it's the best/only option at our disposal.

I constructed a feed-through for a bedroom window and mounted the antenna to the feed-through, with just a short jumper to the radio (pix on my qrz profile). I trimmed the EF-80 to make it resonant at about 3.885, approximately midway between the MN/SD/ND section phone nets at 3.860 and the PICO Net at 3.925. The feed point is around 15' and the end of the wire slopes upwards to around 25-30.

I've received very favorable signal reports using the antenna and don't have a problem hearing most stations that check into the nets when my noise floor is reasonable (normally S7 with the NB on, but it peaks to as high as S9+10 or 20, depending on what cheap Chinese electronics the neighbors have running at the time).

The antenna seems to have quality construction and the folks at LNR Precision are friendly. No buyer regrets with this one. I'd like to try an EF-40 in the future as well - I suspect it'd be great for camping/portable ops.
W7RUE Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2015 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Hotel Portable Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna for about three years (?) now. I got one of the first ones sold. It has been fabulous! I've used it for "hotel portable ops" (stealth) as well as operating in National Parks (also stealth) and on backpacking trips. I highly recommend it!
K8BDW Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2014 23:08 Send this review to a friend
It Works!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I special order this from LNR at Dayton. Installed it, with a little tuning and with a small mfj tuner work all of 80/75 with joy. Great product with bang for the buck.

Bought the EF2 Quad. Out of box, hung, no tuning, working the world with 100 watts.

The guys (and maybe gals) at LNR have a couple winners here.

BTW. A friend who is an SWL (as well as an established ham) has the LNR SWL antenna and not a complaint. THEY WORK!

For the cost and ease of installation, cannot be beat.
N0YK Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2014 05:13 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this EndFed for my HOA lot and it works great! SWR was easy to tune to my primary operating frequency by just shorting the wire a bit into a coil. Although they can come from the factory pre-tuned, I just wanted some flexibility.

Overall, I highly recommend this antenna to anyone wanting to get on 80 meters with no more than 100 watts.
VE7HJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2014 22:21 Send this review to a friend
QRP Magic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I placed the EF-80 at 65 feet on the high end and 20 feet at the low end. It is about 30 feet from a fresh water lake. I use my KX3 to drive the antenna at 12 watts. Most nights I am giving a 20 over S9 signal report from stations around British Columbia Canada. I also have the new Quad and it is equally as incredible as the EF-80 mono-band. I would recommend the LNR End Fed antenna's to anyone using a Elecraft KX3, at home or their trail friendly when working outdoors.
AE7AW Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2013 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Signal Easy Deployment  Time owned: more than 12 months
EF-80 End Fed Antenna is very easy and quick to deploy, I receive good signal reports from all directions with it at only 20' off the ground. Very covert, handles wind, ice and snow. I took the time to trim the EF-80 antenna a little at a time for resonant freq at 3875 with good SWR from 3.775 through 3.975 and am very pleased.
I also have the EF-20H and the EF-40 having good SWR on the whole band without any trimming. The EF-20H and EF-40 antenna's have been with me on jobs in the wilderness and on vacation giving me good contacts deployed as low as 5' off the ground.
Great Customer Service and Support.
I highly recommend these antennas.