Reviews Categories | Packet TNCs | BayPac modems Help

Reviews Summary for BayPac modems
BayPac modems Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $49.95---69.95
Description: By Tigertronics, Incorporated
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the BayPac modems.

HK3IHK Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2004 12:18 Send this review to a friend
8 years with BP-1 and 6 years with BP-2M  Time owned: more than 12 months
Packet with a IBM8086 processor, has been always working 100% with "Baycom SW 1.4" (sometimes with 4 or 5 hamīs simultaneously, very easy ). Now Iīm working APRS BP-1 and BP-2M , AGW engine, UIVIEW and Win98 in a 486 processor. We setup a BOGOTA map and the Baypacs works OK.
I work that adapters with Kenwood TR-7800, TM-261, Yaesu 212HR, FT2400 and old YAESU CPU-2500.

VE7BGP Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2002 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Great With AGW Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Baycom Modem was always OK about a 3 rating because of the DOS software. After a 2 year hiatius from packet after I got rid of my 486 and getting into PSK 31 I decided to renew my interest in packet so I got a DB9 to DB25 adaptor cord for my Celeron 400 machine. I got it working on the original Baycom software but it was a pain exiting to DOS to run packet when all my other computer programs were Windows format. I downloaded WINtnc and after 2 weeks not getting anywere with that program I got connected but just that. I found AGW's Packet Engine and AGWTerminal program on the Internet. It took a little trial and error time to get the two programs up and running. The two programs make the Baycom a great little Modem for those wanting to get on Packet for a low budget. This works great when there is only room for one computer in the Shack. Don't get rid of your Baycom until you try AGW programs. They are great. I also work APRS on the Baycom. I hope that helps someone else. My IC-24AT works great on packet also I use my 4 and 7 AH Gel lead acid batteries for that job. 73 Gerry

W7TDC Rating: 3/5 Feb 18, 2002 23:21 Send this review to a friend
ITS OK...  Time owned: more than 12 months
This unit is a good started. But it doesnt do much than that. Nobody I knew could operate it and send me messages. I couldnt get it to work with APRS. I sold it and bought a KPC-3+. I like the KPC-3 a million times better.

WD8DBY Rating: 4/5 Jul 14, 2000 05:27 Send this review to a friend
BP-2M; a good starter!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the BP-2M and am completely satisfied with its performance thus far. The instruction manual is comprehensive and easy to follow. This is my introductory taste of the digital world and this TNC is making it easy. Very economical way to try out the digital world!